Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
I just got back from a trip to Cartagena, Colombia, and posted a travelogue and pics on my blog. For those, like me, who've never been, I highly recommend it. It was fun, safe and beautiful. You'll have a great time!

http://investtheworld.blogspot.com

N
N
Thanks Belizelaw,

I have been trying to get FTWB to consider a visit there.

J
J
I love Cartagena. My husband and I were there last January. A great city. We, too, felt absolutely safe. From there we flew to San Andres, then onto Isla Providencia. The latter is truly one of the hidden gems in the Caribbean. Absolutely beautiful, and very unspoiled.

RMT Offline
Thanks BL, I always enjoy reading your adventures. This sounds like a place we would consider.

B
OP Offline
B
JeanH, I really considered a side trip to San Andres and Providencia. But given we were there only five days, it just sounded too busy. This trip, I hit it just about right: we got to see a lot of stuff, didn't feel too rushed, but didn't feel like we ran out of things to do either.

sounds neat. thanks for opening my eyes to a place i may otherwise have not considered.

Wes, great read, as always! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
D
D

Thanks for the mind and eye opener.

Thanks BL for the update. Cartagena was a stop I made on a cruise ship about 15 years ago on my way through the Panama Canal. What I saw of it was absolutely beautiful, although the vendors were extremely "diligent", to say the least. There was a lot of political unrest at the time, and Princess Cruises actually dropped that stop after our trip for a long period of time because of it. From what you report, it is much safer now, and that's great news as it was a beautiful city. The town square, the forts, pretty awesome. May have to put this on my list again now that you have scouted it out!

Change your Latitude
B
OP Offline
B
It's a cool place, but there are still some diligent vendors. The common phrases by all the touts at Boca Grande was "Cabanas, Cervezas, Chicas." Playa de las Americas was much nicer (just north of town).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.