Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#322037 02/02/09 09:03 PM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
Board names?

I have been asked many times now about my board name, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens too.

What is your board name, and how did it come about? I'll start

In the summer of 2007, I had just sold my Chevrolet dealership and bought a boat with the intention of refurbishing it in my now "free time" and towing it down to Belize.

I picked it up from the Texas gulf coast and trailered it back 1500 miles to Utah, where I intended to use it for a while on lake Powell before heading down that spring to San Pedro.

The total length was almost 40 feet from trailer hitch to propellers and it was 10'8" wide with a special permit needed to travel on the interstate.

As I stood at the wheel with Jerry Jeff Walkers Gringo in Belize playing on the stereo, Mrs Pug who was merely Jane at the time told me I looked like Captain Pugwash, an incompetent cartoon pirate from English TV in the 60's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfX7EqY13I&NR=1

Shortly afterwards, I logged on for the first time, and no longer wanting to be "Moabchevy" or "Redlodgehevy" I became Pugwash.

Needless to say the boat has long gone, as towing that through Mexico would have been way more trouble than it was worth, but the name has stuck

How about some of the rest of you?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
pugwash #322039 02/02/09 09:12 PM
Always fun to hear the stories:

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/168453/1.html

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
pugwash #322040 02/02/09 09:13 PM
RMT Offline
I feel SO boring now Pug thank you!!!

I started off reading this board 10 ? years ago ( watch it, it's addicting people!!!) I was then "Rhon" a short version of Rhonda which my dad always called me. I am now just using my inititals. <yawn> Sorry. Wish there were sex and drugs or some depravation involved but not the case.

Mostly I am a lurker but Pug I do enjoy your posts, so thank you! Rhonda

pugwash #322041 02/02/09 09:15 PM
Good thread topic pug. Until you explained it to me, I envisioned a small yip-yip dog that sorely needed a bath.

I used to be "cheeseloaf" on numerous sites until someone co-opted my name and used profanity profusely and destroyed it for me. Cheeseloaf was a pledge name my brother had in college and I adopted it when I was introduced as "cheeseloaf's bother" at parties and it actually came to be associated more with me than with him.

Otteralum = Otterbein alumnus

Otterbein is a small liberal arts school in suburban Columbus where I got my undergraduate degree and met the lovely Mrs. Otteralum -- also a grad. We met in the college chorus of all things. She sings in the Columbus Symphony and I just ride her coattails and do duets at weddings now-and-then.

Hint for all you February boarders -- When she's drunk you can get her to sing Ave Maria -- beautiful!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Otteralum #322042 02/02/09 09:24 PM
I had a friend who called me Sandito (real name Sandy). So I created that board name. However, one of the first times I came on and chatted, everyone thought I was a male because of the male ending of my name. With the help of Bill, Chloe, Nova and a few others, they decided I should change it to Sandita so I shortened it and became Dita. Not terribly exotic but I don't think anybody mistook me for a yip-yip dog that sorely needed a bath! grin

Leah-Ann #322043 02/02/09 09:27 PM
I feel really boring and inadequate now...

I go by AJ (no, I won't say what it stands for), and my mom calls me Bee.

We decided someone has to give us new names when we are down there and then I might change it... depending on what they decide, lol grin

What nourishes me destroys me
RMT #322044 02/02/09 09:27 PM
Well, being that I reside in Texas and consider myself a cowgirl (horses, cows you get the picture) I'm also a scuba diver now add skydiver to the mix and you get me! I've also aquired a few other monikers in the likes of "Spurs" and "Tex"...

Take the road less traveled
S
S
But I'll always remember her as the girl with the diving cows...

An old time salty fire captain named me "reaper" in 1984. No one on our 132 person dept. calls me by my first name, unless I'm in trouble with a chief.

SP Daily #322047 02/02/09 09:37 PM
Thats better than the girl who dives and looks like a cow doing it. Then it could be my name...

What nourishes me destroys me
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.