Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322069 - 02/03/09 05:00 AM Distilled Vinegar
sunshineleo Offline
Love the Green Forum! Great tips...
Mine is White Distilled Vinegar...White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals. Youíll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly and very economical.
I use it religiously in my kitchen, bath and throughout my home.
I keep a spray bottle with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vinegar/water in my kitchen...i use it for cleaning my counters, cutting boards, everything. I add two cap fulls to every dish bath.
I also have a bottle in my bath, with several drops of tea tree oil and lavender (mostly for aroma)it reduces the vinegar aroma...i spray my shower walls and bathroom walls. The tea tree oil and vinegar kill mold and bacteria.
I also use this combo to give my household walls a clean up after moist rainy days...keeps my allergies in check from the sandy dust and mold.
http://www.vinegartips.com Vinegar Rocks!
I prefer Rice Wine Vinegar for cooking, it's mild,not very acidic or sour, so it makes great vinaigrette's without the bite! $4.25 a bottle at SuperBuy

#322518 - 02/05/09 05:59 AM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: sunshineleo]
Chachacoconut Offline
A teaspoons or two in your dogs water will help with the fleas!

#322566 - 02/05/09 04:26 PM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: Chachacoconut]
pamkillen Offline
1/2 cup once a week flushed down the toilet keeps down the bacteria that emits an odor and keeps the good ones.

#322641 - 02/06/09 12:27 AM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: pamkillen]
Peter Jones Offline
IMO the best tasting vinegar is malt vinegar made from beer. Rarely available in Belize or at any rate San Pedro, for some inexplicable reason.

#322652 - 02/06/09 01:15 AM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: Peter Jones]
ragman Offline
Ah vinegar, I'll have some tomorrow night on my fish & chips. Red wine vinegar or malt I like but most any will do. Also use it on cabbage and spinach. Balsamic is not my favorite. Life would be less without vinegar.

#324677 - 02/21/09 03:10 AM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: ragman]
Nova Offline
Favorite treat as a kid... a big bowl of iceberg lettuce sprinkled with white vinegar and a bit of sugar. Yumm!

#326819 - 03/05/09 09:43 PM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: Nova]
papashine Offline
relieves the itch of pica pica as well

#327148 - 03/07/09 05:14 PM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: papashine]
pamkillen Offline
I am growing chives to make chive flower vinegar. It so yummy straight on lettuce. (which I also grow)

#327153 - 03/07/09 06:11 PM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: pamkillen]
SP Daily Offline
Here on Ambergris Caye?

#327162 - 03/07/09 07:11 PM Re: Distilled Vinegar [Re: SP Daily]
pamkillen Offline
Yes, I have tons of herbs, lettuce, cucumber, green beans, tomato, and a couple types of peppers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (dabunk, lomckenna, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.