Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#322076 02/02/09 11:57 PM
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
In my recent search for long term rentals some places have advertised as on "the lagoon". I know where the lagoon is etc.

My question and concerns are:
what activities can be enjoyed there?
Snorkling?
Diving?
Kayaking? I assume this one is ok.
Swimming in general?
Is there beach at all there? or what does the water come up to? mangroves etc?
Water color clarity? is it good visibility?
What kind of animals are in the landlocked water? Fish/crocs etc?

I know these questions probably seem dumb to the locals that read, but your input is invaluable smile. Thank you!

AC

Swimming with the/eaten by crocks.
Boating.
Fishing.

Bout it.

You REALLY do need to visit a few more times before making such a huge commitment to move and start a biz there.

I'm not trying to be discouraging but I can tell from your questions that you have not visited AC enough to have a good feel for the place.

Do yourself a favor and go visit SEVERAL more times before making what I personally perseive to be a blind leap.

Virtual visits don't count.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
If you ask enough [right] questions, you can write a very good
travel-country-vacation review and never leave the farm.

Reality..What a concept!
I wasn't talking about a "vacation review".

This guy is saying he's packing up and moving to AC.

He doesn't know where DFC is nor has he been in that neighborhood yet he's currious about renting there.

He's never been to the lagoon.

He curious about ATV trail riding on the island, ect., ect.

These plus many more questions make it obvious that he has not visited enough to be familiar with the island in the least bit.

That's fine for a tourist but unwise for an "expat wanna-be" who plans to also "work" or "open a local business".

Again please don't lump me into the nay sayer crowd. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from persuing their dream. I just think this guy needs to visit A LOT MORE prior to closing shop and packing his bags.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 02/03/09 09:42 AM.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
D
D
That's a good idea. Spend at least 2 or 3 weeks strait so everything you see is not new.

Last edited by Danny2; 02/03/09 09:46 AM.
T
T
JUST DO IT!

I did it 7 years ago and had no problems at all. You will eithewr love it or hate it and in the end all that you will loose is time and money. As much as I agree that the advice folks give is generally good sometimes you just have to say what the $#@@^&! and get on with it.

There are plenty of things you can do here for a business but to get a good feel for it you will need to spend some time here. Don't rush into anything and if it seems too good to be true it most is!

Get yourself a two or three month rental somewhere which will take you into the slow season and then start looking for something when you will have a better feel for where you want to be.

Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff!
J

AC, you seem like a free spirit who has, "been around"... you'll be fine and if you decide San Pedro is not for you, nothing lost, nothing gained. I think people don't remember what's it's like to be 27, kid-free and have nothing else tying you down... it's all good- you'll be fine!!!

Correct!

I was in med school, married, and had one son @ 27.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
I wasn't talking about a "vacation review".

This guy is saying he's packing up and moving to AC.

He doesn't know where DFC is nor has he been in that neighborhood yet he's currious about renting there.

He's never been to the lagoon.

He curious about ATV trail riding on the island, ect., ect.

These plus many more questions make it obvious that he has not visited enough to be familiar with the island in the least bit.

That's fine for a tourist but unwise for an "expat wanna-be" who plans to also "work" or "open a local business".

Again please don't lump me into the nay sayer crowd. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from persuing their dream. I just think this guy needs to visit A LOT MORE prior to closing shop and packing his bags.

I appreciate your concern I really do, but I never visited myrtle beach before I moved there when I was 19, I never visited Vegas when I was 22 when I moved there. I can handle the unknown. I dont ask all theses questions because I truly NEED to know, Its really that Im just excited about the move and like hearing what people have to say.

And about business, I make plenty enough money with my current online en devours that I dont have to open a local business. I may never open on. I do however enjoy running tangible businesses but they never make me as much as my computer/internet stuff, and thats fine. So worse case Im coming down with clothes and a lap top, If i like it I will stay for a long time. But even if I dont like it i dont mind spending a year there to be thorough what so ever. I like adventures, I like the unknown. Its everything to me to not fall into a pattern or to be extra precautionary in my decisions.

As far as Ambergris or Belize goes for that matter, Im a HUGE HUGE beach guy, HUGE into snorkling/scuba/fishing etc. I will be a good fit with the climate if nothing else.

If I can keep up my internet money (which i have for the past 7 years) then I wont have any financial problems while Im there. So please dont worry about me smile Please do keep giving me your opinions and thoughts though. They mean a lot.

Thanks guys!

TravelinMan1 - My thoughts exactly. I don't need to taste a meal 4 or five times before I order and eat it. Either its going to be good or Im going to choke it down anyway smile.

AC

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.