Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#322640 02/05/09 06:26 PM
azbob Offline OP
OP Offline
Twice today I heard an add on the radio, AM 1190 News Channel (local feed), for Belize Legacy. Amazing. The station might cover an area with around 50,000 population. This is in Prescott Valley AZ. not the Phoenix area. I hope this is a package deal covering other more populated areas, but hey if it works I'll have more company coming down to AC.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
L
L
And you won't be dissapointed. Legacy is a great place, well run , great staff.

R.B. Mernitz
S
S
Ditto that!

Too bad they don't answer their emails. I have inquired for availability for clients numerous times and never get a reply back. Hard to sell them like that. But it is a nice place. Good food in the restaurant too.

S
S
I'll be there on Wednesday and mention that to them, seems very strange.

The res manager called me yesterday and we got the issue cleared up. Lots of changes over the last few months up there and we had our wires crossed. Good to know they read the message board! ;-)

P
P
I'm glad that's sorted out, but oddly it is quite common for hotels here not to answer emails. I can think of five that people I know have had problems with over recent months. In most of the cases it cost them the business. Very strange!

Yeah, sometimes it's the on going BTL issues. But sometimes it's not. Lately I have been trying to book Ak'Bol but have not gotten any replies to several emails at several different addresses I got from Kirsten when I met her and saw the property in August. Hard to book them like that. And I can't be calling Belize for every inquiry....
Had a similar issue with Tranquility Bay recently but got that one resolved too.
You would think with bookings be so slow on the island overall, everyone would be quick (even "Belize-time quick") to respond these days. Some hotels have US reps that can be contacted but most do not. Even people booking direct would much rather do it by email than call Belize for every question. Lots of people end up calling me rather than calling Belize. Then I book them at the hotels that respond promptly. No one wants to wait these days...and lots of people are booking last minute so timing is everything.

I don't know why I give advice to competitors, I always regret it when they use the advice and win some customers I could have had :-(.
but....The world works on the internet these days and customers won't wait much more than an hour before they are looking for something else, so some times its almost like being in 'Chat' for me and my email responses, got to have high speed and got to be on it to survive.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
It's because you're a nice guy with a conscience, Elbert! I've always taken the long term view - what goes around comes around, both good and bad. If I know what will best suit someone I'll tell them about it, even if it costs me the business. A happy customer is the best advertisement for San Pedro, even if not directly for me.

I remember going into an electronics shop in London once with a vague idea of what I wanted to buy, but no clear idea of facilities available and models on the market. The owner of the shop (not just a paid assistant) took time to explain the various ins and outs to me, using various models he had for sale. He concluded by saying that there was one particular model that exactly met my requirements and I should get that one. I asked him for it and he said he didn't stock it, but a nearby shop did. So I went to the other shop and bought it. But ever after that, whenever I needed something that the first shop sold I went straight there. I do hope his business flourished.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.