Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322787 - 02/06/09 07:21 PM Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda
Marty Offline
A boutique spa called Jabulani will open in March 2009 in the heart of the rainforest at the Machaca Hill eco-resort in Punta Gorda, Belize.

With three treatment rooms, a relaxation room and a swimming pool, other facilities within the Jabulani spa will include a gym, a lounge and a juice bar.

The spaís signature, Western-inspired treatments will use produce from the retreatís organic garden.

Machaca Hill, which is owned by parent company Outpost International, has a total of 12 treehouse suites.

The intimate jungle retreat is situated in a remote area of the private 11,000-acre (4,451-hectare) Laughing Falcon Reserve in Belizeís southern-most Toledo District.

Brian Gardiner has recently been appointed to the role of general manager of the resort. Prior to this latest role, Gardiner amassed more than 20 years of luxury hospitality experience in southern and eastern Africa.

#323107 - 02/09/09 05:44 PM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Marty]
Barbara K Offline
Haven't seen the spa facility yet but the resort itself is awesome. It has had quite a bit of upgrading recently (even though it was great to begin with). Excellent fishing area too (used to be El Pescador PG). But I guess they are going more for the upscale spa type than the fishermen now!

#324294 - 02/19/09 12:58 AM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Barbara K]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Barbara,

Do you think Machaca Hill Resort, even with its new spa, will be able to attract a lot of guests?

Beautiful location, and I love Toledo. But I've stayed there and have been back a few times since (fantastic black bean soup in the restaurant!), and, gosh, it's always been empty.

--Lan Sluder

#324308 - 02/19/09 03:27 AM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
dabunk Offline
Bueatiful facility, but hardly see anyone there either.

#325011 - 02/23/09 06:51 PM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: dabunk]
Barbara K Offline
Sorry for the delay in replying. I think PG is a hard sell overall. I personally love it and try to push it for the "jungle experience with access to the sea", but I have only sent a few clients to that area in years of trying. I do think Machaca Hill is doing a lot more advertising and promoting since the new owners took over - they recently attended a big tourism trade show in Europe. I think it's probably a bad time to be starting a business soley dependent on the luxury market. IMO the smaller places in PG do better because of the value they offer. Hickatee Cottages is probably the best value for the quality of accommodations in the whole country of Belize! But I have trouble even getting people there!

#325101 - 02/24/09 03:13 PM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Barbara K]
beachbumin Offline
The website is a bit difficult to determine what the room rate is. Seems like around $425 per night, all inclusive. Only problem is, there is no definition of all inclusive. Any ideas and/or clues?

#325123 - 02/24/09 06:00 PM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: beachbumin]
Hickatee Offline
Rack rates are:
* low season US$650 per night (children US$195, and under 5's free),
*high season US$725 per night, single supplement US$220 per night, children US$220 per night.

Includes accommodation, meals, tours, laundry, and drinks (except premium brand beverages).

Tours are on their website at http://machacahill.com/tours.html, but there is a supplement payable for fishing of US$145, and SCUBA diving (supplement TBA).

#325203 - 02/25/09 01:10 AM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Hickatee]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
All I can say is wow.

--Lan Sluder

#325248 - 02/25/09 11:46 AM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
sweetjane Offline
all i can say is - wow - i would NEVER IN MY LIFETIME be able to afford to stay there.... frown

#325282 - 02/25/09 05:04 PM Re: Boutique jungle spa nears launch in Punta Gorda [Re: sweetjane]
Barbara K Offline
Aww c'mon - it's half the price of Cayo Espanto!

Glad I am a travel agent! ha ha! Hope I can sell it, and hope they want to "show me around" for a few days! ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (tazh2o), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.