Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#323925 02/15/09 09:25 PM
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Mr Malibu and I are having a great time here on Ambergris Caye. Wanted to tell everyone about a GREAT new restaurant N of the cut, I guess it is N of the bridge now. It is called the Palm (maybe The Palms) on the left after the bridge in a new condo/hotel development. After turning into the place between 2 condo units drive your cart over the little bridge to an island in the Lagoon. (Yes, that would be Lagoona Nomora! It is now a resort.) The menu scared us, looked like stuff from Sam's. I asked to see a wine list (looked like a place that would have one), waiter said we have white or red. I chose red, I always drink red. It turned out to be very good, no clue what it was but very good. (And not refrigerated like the one I got at lunch at Victoria house, ick.) When our salad arrived -- YUMMIE!!!!! It looked as delicious as it tasted. We got the garden salad (split it, large) with blue cheese and I really think they make the dressing there, it was delicious. Then we got the fettucini alfredo, YUM!!! Delicious. Very good and we will be back to try breakfast and perhaps lunch. I hope you guys will give this place a try. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8 or 8:30 to 9pm.

R
R
What are the prices like?

Palms is located at Reef Village

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
P
P
Who's running it?

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Prices, it was a little pricey, where is that receipt..... Can't find it. Salad (and it was a BIG one) was $18BZ, that's all I can remember. The entire bill was $85BZ: 1 wine, 2 vodka/cranberry, fettucini alfredo (that could have fed 4 people) and the big honker salad. They served lovely bread with melted garlic butter. I'm a big garlic lover, I couldn't taste the garlic. Alas, the bread was DELICIOUS.
So it's a bit expensive but not as bad as some. Also the service was excellent but we were the only people in there so that couldn't have been too bad either. :o)

I don't know who is running it. Oh, we brought a chili (we're chili heads) and asked then to cut it up and put it in the fettuchini, they did it without question and it was yummie.

$47.50 US.......I don't consider that pricey.....would definitely been more at many places in the US.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
L
L
I love their carbonara. But I have to say, you had 3 alcohlic beverages, appetizer and main course for 85$. I am as cheap as they come when it comes to eating out and I would not concider that pricy at all.

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
That was for one person. A salad and an entree. We actually did share but usually we would have eaten 2 salads and 2 entrees, in that case it would have been about double.

I think I'm cheap. We usually eat at the Malibu household in the US. :O)))

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.