Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#323961 - 02/16/09 02:58 PM Delta
LJ Offline
Has anyone ever flown Delta to Belize City?They have the best price for BNA to BZE for March 1-6.They used to only fly on Saturdays to BZE.Must be new service.

#323963 - 02/16/09 02:59 PM Re: Delta [Re: LJ]
shuffles Offline
I think they fly ATL-BZE more days during the winter months, as there is more demand. Off season, they sometimes fly on Saturday and Sunday, or sometimes just Saturdays.

#323964 - 02/16/09 03:05 PM Re: Delta [Re: LJ]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I've flown Delta out of Atlanta to Belize many times. (Flights from other cities connect to Delta service from ATL.) They started service several years ago, with daily two-class service on 737s. Then they reduced service to a regional jet on weekdays and two-class 737 on Saturdays only. Then they cut back to less than daily on a seasonal basis. I'm not sure what their current service is. I used to be a big Delta fan, but with all the changes in the airline business and with Delta management they're now just another U.S. airline.

I will say this: Last January I was flying out of Atlanta to BZE, and there was a big (for Atlanta) snow storm. Delta canceled just about all its domestic flights, and the airport was a zoo. But Delta kept their international flights operating (that's where they make their money), and despite the snow I got out of ATL on time and actually got to BZE ahead of schedule.

--Lan Sluder

#323980 - 02/16/09 04:58 PM Re: Delta [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
Ambergris Bob Offline
3 of 5 trips to BZE have been on DL. The last two were on Continental due to more favorable schedules, but with that said I just booked another trip this weekend for September on DL. Truth be told tought it was because we had enough Frequent Flyer miles so its hard to argue with free.

I saw over the weekend that AA had some killer fares to BZE, but the returns spanned 22+ hours, which is too painful for me.

Bob

#323981 - 02/16/09 05:01 PM Re: Delta [Re: Ambergris Bob]
Peter Jones Offline
There was a Delta captain at Pedro's yesterday evening, and unusually for an airline pilot these days he wasn't knocking his employers. He actually had quite a lot of good to say about them.

#324017 - 02/16/09 09:13 PM Re: Delta [Re: Peter Jones]
datallmon Offline
My wife and I are flying to New Orleans on Thursday returning the following Wednesday on Delta. crazy

#324018 - 02/16/09 09:19 PM Re: Delta [Re: Peter Jones]
SnoopysMom Offline
I always try to fly Delta as they have direct flights from ATL to BZE (< 3 hrs) and I can usually use Freq Flyer points (which is huge). Not sure why, but my experience has been that their customer service has improved over the last year. Another plus is that Delta allows 2 checked bags at 50 lbs limit and a 40 lb carry on.

My only experience with American is I had to go through MIA (can you say nightmare?) and they lost my dog -how does one "lose" a 70lb pointer? I did find him the next day in BZE airport... not my best day.

Continental is ok, but they charge extra for baggage and of course nothing direct from ATL.

#324074 - 02/17/09 12:26 PM Re: Delta [Re: SnoopysMom]
J DOG Offline
Just got back Sun. on Delta, I always fly Delta, no problems at all, had to pay new 3 dollar tax leaving, no baggage fees on Inter. flites.
Plane was about halve full, We went Cinn.Atl. Belize.
My bag was 1 lb.(51) over so I had to take out a pair of pants, I had 4 litres of Rum & 7 bottles of hot sauce in it to survive till my next trip in Oct.

#324089 - 02/17/09 03:51 PM Re: Delta [Re: J DOG]
Peter Jones Offline
Jerry - sorry to have missed you!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.