Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
having battery problems. does anyone know of a cheap or free wifi location where I might be able to plug in my laptop?......thanks vernon

I always had good luck with wifi at Estels. A few of the inside tables are close to an outlet (yet you still have sand between your toes). AND . . . they make great smoothies to enjoy while working! (great breakfast all day too)

I think Island Perk has wifi.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
T
T
I'm pretty certain that Perk doesn't have wifi. I believe that sometimes you can pick up the Fido's wifi there however.

Lime does, however, have wifi available and they will definitely let you plug in.

J
J
Order a few beers at Pedro's Sports Bar, and you shouldn't have a problem plugging in there.

There's an outlet on the right of the TV, and a table you could sit at.

The SSID for the router is "linksys" and it's a decent speed.

I always go to Pedro's when my internet fails me at home smile

It would also help to know where you are located at! If you're north of the bridge, Coco Loco's has wifi with the SSID of "Rancho Belize" and Linda won't mind at all if you use it. You can sit right at the bar, and she'll plug it in for ya!

Hope this helps!

S
OP Offline
S
Hey thanks for your replies....pedro's sounds like a plan as I'm not too far from there. I'm not so sure about those GREEN smoothies they serve there.....the last time i was there I nearly fell off my bike going home!

P
P
I'm not sure the internet is working at Pedro's currently. It certainly isn't on the desktop machine that's used for playing music.

Pedro's is an evening bar. Limes is an all-day bar, and as Tacoboy says above has both wifi and mains connections. They also have a computer for customers' use. If you don't know Limes, it's directly opposite the new Tropic Air terminal, directly north of the entrance to Sunbreeze Hotel.

J
J
Is the useage of wifi at the lime free?

I saw several people working away on their laptops earlier this week and last at Estels. That seems to be the place. Inside would probably give you access to AC.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
P
P
Wifi is free at Limes so long as you buy drinks or food. I'm sure there are details to that, but essentially if you play fair by them they'll play fair by you.

And yes, as well as wifi there is power available at Estelles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.