Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]A boutique spa called Jabulani will open in March 2009 in the heart of the rainforest at the Machaca Hill eco-resort in Punta Gorda, Belize.

With three treatment rooms, a relaxation room and a swimming pool, other facilities within the Jabulani spa will include a gym, a lounge and a juice bar.

The spa's signature, Western-inspired treatments will use produce from the retreat's organic garden.

Machaca Hill, which is owned by parent company Outpost International, has a total of 12 treehouse suites.

[Linked Image] The intimate jungle retreat is situated in a remote area of the private 11,000-acre (4,451-hectare) Laughing Falcon Reserve in Belize's southern-most Toledo District.

Brian Gardiner has recently been appointed to the role of general manager of the resort. Prior to this latest role, Gardiner amassed more than 20 years of luxury hospitality experience in southern and eastern Africa.

Haven't seen the spa facility yet but the resort itself is awesome. It has had quite a bit of upgrading recently (even though it was great to begin with). Excellent fishing area too (used to be El Pescador PG). But I guess they are going more for the upscale spa type than the fishermen now!

Barbara,

Do you think Machaca Hill Resort, even with its new spa, will be able to attract a lot of guests?

Beautiful location, and I love Toledo. But I've stayed there and have been back a few times since (fantastic black bean soup in the restaurant!), and, gosh, it's always been empty.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Bueatiful facility, but hardly see anyone there either.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I think PG is a hard sell overall. I personally love it and try to push it for the "jungle experience with access to the sea", but I have only sent a few clients to that area in years of trying. I do think Machaca Hill is doing a lot more advertising and promoting since the new owners took over - they recently attended a big tourism trade show in Europe. I think it's probably a bad time to be starting a business soley dependent on the luxury market. IMO the smaller places in PG do better because of the value they offer. Hickatee Cottages is probably the best value for the quality of accommodations in the whole country of Belize! But I have trouble even getting people there!

B
B
The website is a bit difficult to determine what the room rate is. Seems like around $425 per night, all inclusive. Only problem is, there is no definition of all inclusive. Any ideas and/or clues?

H
H
Rack rates are:
* low season US$650 per night (children US$195, and under 5's free),
*high season US$725 per night, single supplement US$220 per night, children US$220 per night.

Includes accommodation, meals, tours, laundry, and drinks (except premium brand beverages).

Tours are on their website at http://machacahill.com/tours.html, but there is a supplement payable for fishing of US$145, and SCUBA diving (supplement TBA).

All I can say is wow.

--Lan Sluder

all i can say is - wow - i would NEVER IN MY LIFETIME be able to afford to stay there.... frown

Aww c'mon - it's half the price of Cayo Espanto!

Glad I am a travel agent! ha ha! Hope I can sell it, and hope they want to "show me around" for a few days! ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.