Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#324445 - 02/19/09 04:35 PM New Years in Ambergris Caye
cremebrulee33 Offline
Hi, My fiance' and I are getting married and going to Belize for our honeymoon. We will be away for New Year's and I just wanted to know if any of the nightclubs have any big parties for the holiday like they do here in New York. We are looking for a place which has options to go out and dance as well as just relax and do romantic things.

#324471 - 02/19/09 06:05 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: cremebrulee33]
tacogirl Offline
New Years is lots of fun - many places have specific parties to ring in the new year like Playa Lounge and front street is like a big party they do fireworks every year. Holiday Hotel and other places have dancing well into the evening.
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#324480 - 02/19/09 06:54 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: tacogirl]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
Every bar has a specific New Year's party going on. You'll find them all busy. Playa is a super place.

#324482 - 02/19/09 07:05 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
swanno Offline
And after you have finished in Playa, BCs, Holiday or wherever you decide you can then go along to the Lions Den to party with the local Belizians, it was just finishing about 10am on New Years Day this year.
We also live in Manhattan, nightlife in San Pedro is very different from that in San Pedro...at least that's what our teenage daughters tell us. We gave up on the nightclub/disco scene back in the 70s
Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog

#324553 - 02/20/09 11:43 AM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: swanno]
Great advise! If you're looking for an all nighter end your night by heading to Lions Den around 6am. You'll enjoy your time there.

#324583 - 02/20/09 02:18 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: cremebrulee33]
cremebrulee33 Offline
So, we were thinking of staying in Ambergris Caye, any suggestions, we love the idea of the casita by the ocean. Also, what about Big Daddy's, Jaguar Temple and Sharks Bar for NYE Parties?

#324595 - 02/20/09 03:09 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: cremebrulee33]
You'll need to stay on Ambergris Caye to access any of these locations during the night time. All of the bars/clubs you mentioned are within 2 minutes apart walking (Sharks Bar has been Tacklebox now for years)

What's your budget for Casitas so people can list recommendations?

#324604 - 02/20/09 03:53 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
cremebrulee33 Offline
about $300 a night, its our honeymoon, so we are not sparing any expense. I looked into Ramon's village, matachica, and Captain Morgan's. What do you recommend, any of those?

#324630 - 02/20/09 05:40 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: cremebrulee33]
Honeymooners29 Offline
My wife and i stayed at Cocotal for our honeymoon this past September, about 2 miles north of the bridge. Great little place, very friendly and helpful staff, nice pool, honor bar only, though. That was no big deal in our book. We stayed in the beachfront cabana, prices were very reasonable, and it was very comfortable. Right down the beach from Captain Morgan's, right next door to White Sands Cove (which I am told has a bar and restaurant, but they were closed when we were there). It's less of a resort, but it's also smaller and affords you a bit more privacy, especially if you stay in the beachfront cabana. it is north of town, though, so if you're looking for nightlife every night, you might want to consider staying either in town or just south of town. Water taxi rides each way can add up quick.
"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis

#324649 - 02/20/09 06:58 PM Re: New Years in Ambergris Caye [Re: cremebrulee33]
Leah-Ann Offline
In my opinion for that kind of budget there is nothing that will top Victoria House. There are some resorts on the north side of the island which are very nice, but then you won't have the option of going back and forth late at night since the vast majority of restaurants/nightclubs are in town.

All of the rooms at Victoria House are beautiful and there are some private casitas available as well. They are known for excellent service and have one of the finest restaurants on the island. Check out their website and congratulations!!
I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.