Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sal777 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello - I'll be in Belize late March through mid-April. I've been before and love it. I've done a lot of diving from Ambergris and day trips to Blue Hole and Turneffe. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the opportunity to see a whale shark this time around . . and although no guarantee, I've heard April from Placencia is the best bet. And something about a full moon - during the full moon, after? Not sure. . .

I've stayed in Hopkins before and would prefer to stay there - just a good of a chance diving from there vs. Placencia?

Peak whale shark diving is during the period 4-5 days before and after the full moon the dates for April are
APRIL 7th - 19th

Spend a couple of days in Placencia and go with Brian Young at Seahorse Dive Shop. Make sure you book April trip get booked very early
Here is his website with all info about Whale Shark Diving. If the whale sharks are out thee they will find them
http://www.belizescuba.com/

Here is a link to some of the pictures I took a few years ago
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/21388/Re_Seahorse_Dive_Shop.html#Post21388
Colin

Last edited by swanno; 02/21/09 11:31 AM. Reason: Found old pictures

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
P
P
Brian can be very bad on correspondence but persist - he's worth it!

Sal777 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the feedback! And oops -- didn't realize my lazy typo in the subject line . . . WHALE sharks! You all knew what I was talking about . . . . smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.