Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#325294 02/25/09 12:11 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Ok - we are interested in deep sea fishing mostly. So who do you recommend? I did search this site for recent info - within 1 year but not much there? Are all the tours on this site under fishing still in operation and reliable? Went to fishingsanpedro.com but nothing there about deep sea fishing.
Thanks

T
T
FYI. Deep sea fishing for bill fish here is not recomended as there are not many of them and in general you will spend a day not catching any. There are some Wahoo and some tuna and every so often some dorado but overall ambergris Caye and belize in general is not the best place for this type of fishing. I would suggest some reef fishing for snapper, baracuda and grouper. Also the game fishing depends on the time of year you will be here. In the summer months the water is too warm and you will not find much game fishing here at all.

J
J
Did your question get answered? TravelinMan is basically correct about billfishing. I am still hoping this is partly due to lack of experience. I mean the best sailfishing in the carribean is Isla Mujeres off cancun not that far north.The last time I checked there were only 2 boats for charter which I would describe as sportfisherman. Wahoo is best Jan/Feb. Flats fishing is excellent. I like Doug Brady 011-501-226-2799.
The average tourist fishing trip is drifting live sardines or cut bait anchored for snapper. Unless you specify otherwise it will be inside the reef because many of the locals have seen many trips ruined by seasickness. If you go outside the reef the bottom fishing can be excellent. Call Chito at 226-3600 or 607-0833 and ask him to run you down to Rocky Point. I always take my own gear. Captain Sharks' has jigs lures etc but thay can be pricy. Troll 2-4 ounce yellow jigs outside the reef for little tuny and blackfins. We got a kingfish doing that once as well. Non- Flats sport fishing is just not as well developed here but always fun. Belize is a great place if you or your crew wants to dive, snorkel, explore in addition to fish. If the primary mission is to catch billfish go to the pacific side-Costa Rica.

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you for your responses. My husband and I have always enjoyed deep sea fishing in the Caribbean and Hawaiian waters. My husband does sometimes get seasick - if rough - so that sure answers that one. Sounds like reef fishing is the way to go for us. It will most likely be a November or a february trip.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.