Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#32550 12/25/00 02:00 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I'll be down on Sunday... finally! A couple of questions...

1. Where should I go New Year's Eve, provided I don't sleep through my arrival night as I did on my first trip down. I'll be alone.

2. I heard there's no phone service yet! I have to run my business from my computer over the internet. How do I do so without phone service???

You can start your New Year's Eve off at BC's as nobody really cares there if you are with someone or not..
As far as phone lines....stand in line. There is a loooonnnnngggg list of us that have been waiting months already. Best suggestion..get on the list. No doubt phone lines will "soon come".

M
OP Offline
M
"soon come"...

Hmmm... would that be "soon come BZ" or "soon come US"?

[This message has been edited by Marietta (edited 12-25-2000).]

D
D
Good luck with the phone. I waited two weeks for mine, and that was last year before the hurricane. The lines are really slow at the moment. Fastest I've gotten all week is 33K. I think it's from the relocation to under ground that's being done to the cables. Come by Mangos and catch a beer with us.

M
OP Offline
M
Dave, I shall. Thanks for the invitation!

At least someone has a connection, so there's hope!

M
OP Offline
M
PS I was at BC's when I was there a couple of days before Keith's rampage. I met Rich Powell and we became friends. I have just spoken to him on the phone. He wonders how his Bustah and Jim-Jim are, if anyone knows. They are being cared for by Nasa.

F
F
marrieta, this is wonderful news. been thinking about you this holiday season. there is always opportunity in adversity...so you should be due a BIG dose of opportunity...things will be so good for you...you'll see!!!! [hello dave] C&R

m, please send us your email address to [email protected] we lost it. so sorry 2 hear about your house. i too was surprised at the "dump" so close 2 your house!!

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the encouragement! I really looking forward to the move, although I'm heartbroken to be leaving all the friends and family I have here. But... a new life awaits and I'm excited to be on my first true adventure!

If you should see "Busta" when you get there, please pass along greetings and warm wishes. My friend and I were formally introduced to him last May. It was one of the more memorable moments of our trip and one of the reasons that BCs became our favorite place to set a spell.
I sure hope things go better for you in the new year.
MamaLiz

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.