Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#326497 03/04/09 12:02 PM
Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I am coming to visit Belize for my second time on March 16th. I will be there only for 5 days or really 4 full days. I have the first three planned already with Searious Adventures. We will be doing Cave Tubing & the Zoo, Caye Caulker Sailing (which will include snorkeling), and Lamanai Jungle River. Our fourth day we don't really have anything planned yet.

My Main question is: What's the probability of me seeing a Sea Turtle while snorkeling? Is there any activity I can do that will give me better chances. I love Sea Turtles and I would love to see one during my trip.

Thank you!

Andry
We have seen sea turtles at either Hol Chan or Shark Ray Alley or both on each of our last two trips.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you! That sounds promising. I went snorkeling only once the last time I went because I was really there to photograph a wedding and didn't do much sight seeing. But I went snorkeling in the afternoon and I was told that there is a man that feeds the sea turtles every morning at 9 a.m. and that would be my best bet. But where would this be? I don't even know where I went snorkeling. It was along the barrier reef and we did move to one other spot where there were many nursing sharks. The Tour guide fed them something and they swarmed around our boat. Any clue where this might have been just by the description?

Andry
Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
S
S
I have been snorkeling at Hol Chan three times and seen a couple of sea turtle every time. I have some great pictures of them.

N
N
I think you'd have to keep your eyes closed not to see sea turtles. LOL I got 7-8 photos a week ago today at Shark Ray.

Be sure and take a under water camera!

Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I have my underwater housing all ready for my Canon G9. I can't wait to see if I see any sea turtles. I hope I am as lucky as you all are. I've only been snorkeling once in Belize and didn't get to see any. :-(

Andry
S
S
I saw five (green) yesterday at Hol Chan and 1 (black) just hanging out in the water on the way back to town.

Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome!!

Andry
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/2009/01/sea-turtle-at-hol-chan-marine-reserve.html#links
This is at Hol Chan you can see the ladder of the boat in the background.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.