Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32650 12/27/00 06:30 PM
U
u24rs45 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
We are planning to arrive in AC on 1-15 (first trip to AC and can't wait) and are staying at Banana Resort. Have seen a few negative comments on this message board. Has anyone out there stayed at Banana in the last couple of months and would care to share their experience? P.S. We are from MN and can't imagine the bugs being any worse than here in the summer!!!

#32651 12/28/00 12:49 PM
M
M
Great choice. Nice beach south of town, I've booked scores of my clients in there, all very happy. Nice large rooms, staff/mgmt are attentive, good value4 for the $. I booked me and my pals in there for New Years so we have a kitchen for bocas and entertaining friends.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
#32652 12/28/00 05:49 PM
M
M
I am looking at staying there also, how far of a walk is it from town? thanks [Linked Image]

#32653 12/28/00 07:17 PM
P
P
we will be arriving jan 16 and cant wait also-- from maine here have fun

#32654 12/28/00 10:00 PM
B
B
The rooms are really nice at Banana Beach. If you booked through a travel agent just make sure you get the room that you booked. My boyfriend and I were told we could not have the room we booked because they did not receive payment from our travel agent. We confirmed with Banana Beach two times and we still ran into this problem. If you booked and paid yourself you should not have a problem. It is about a 25 minute walk to town but the road is not to great to walk on. Most of the time we took a taxi into town or rented a golf cart or bike right at the resort. All of your tours can be booked through the hotel lobby and the three we took were great. The rooms have all the stuff you need to cook and eat with. The beach there is nice but there is a lot of sea grass. There are two docks that we went swiming off of right in front of the hotel. I hope i answered some of your questions. Have a nice time.

#32655 12/29/00 11:35 AM
M
M
Probably best to just contact Banana Beach yourself at [email protected] to reconfirm your reservation, especially if you booked thru and paid thru an agent. I know a few of the hotels in Belize have had trouble collecting from some agents and have had to resort to charging guests, because their agents never paid, some of which are very far behind in payments to the hotels.

The mgmt at BB are good, honest people and best to direct your query to them and they can respond to any concerns you may have.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
#32656 12/29/00 03:36 PM
Negative comments on Banana? Ridiculous!!!!

I guess some people are negative about anything, but Banana is awfully tough to get gripy about. WE LOVE it there. Fabulous. Wonderful. Ignore the negative stuff. You'll see why later. Don't waste the energy.

Great rooms, wonderful staff, brand spankin new, pool where somehow they manage to keep the sun on the water all day long. they really got those angles figured out beforehand....

Even the incredible iquanas in the woodpiles are a treat.

Have fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.