Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
matteoj Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I was all set to stay at the Banana Beach resort, and then i saw it is a 25 minute walk from town, too far, my fiance and i would like something where we can stroll back in town for food, drinks etc...

I've read all of your posts, but most do not comment on distance! I would like something with a pool, close to town, with at least a small sandy spot (aka beach) preferably under $125 us. Is this impossible? I looked at Seven Seas but was scared off by all of the time share talk!

Any help would be appreciated! (and then I'll go away until i write my trip report [Linked Image])

Thanks

S
S
Matteoj, you might check out Paradise Villas. That is where my husband and I will be staying in March. I have never been there but have asked many questions about Paradise and the responses have been very positive. Very close to town and has a pool. You can check it out on this website under lodging or do a search right here to see what everyone had to say about it. Good luck and will be looking forward to reading your trip report when you return.

Sorry, you have exceeded you limit, no more questions for you!

Sorry, you have exceeded you limit, no more questions for you!
I stayed at the Hideaway which is a great budget choice, but probably not what you're looking for. The location was perfect for me though. So, go to the lodging page and click on the map of hotels. Look South of town and find the Hideaway or the Yacht Club and stay North of those. You'll be able to walk into town on one drink if you don't chug.
Hey, be sure to post a trip report when you get back and tell us how the Scuba diving went ;-)

You don't have to stroll all the way to town for food. Lots of places close to Banana. La MArgarita, El Patio, Tropica, Antijitos Santelmo, small grocery stores close by....

it doesn't take us 25 minutes to walk to banana. we have kids, and maybe they pull us along, i don't know. its a great walk though.

Paradise Villas and Tradewinds are the same place, just different rooms. I have stayed there twice. About a 5 minute walk to the center of town.
You can walk along the beach or down the street which ends at the grocery store just beyond the condos.
The garden view and pool side rooms are in your price range. Very very nice.

Harriette
Look at //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/town.html

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We stayed at Paradise Villas last June. We absolutely loved it. The pool was wonderful. Very nice. It has a swim up bar, but not manned or staffed. You simply put your cooler or ice bucket on the counter, or take your blender down there and set it up with all those fruity tropical drinks. All rooms have a blender. Hooray!! All the kitchens are fully equipped and each room has a parking spot for a golf cart if you so choose. Don't really need one, as it's just a 5 minute walk from town. A small grocery right around the corner, night security, has it's own dock with artificial reefs sunk for snorkeling. Hustler tours is right outside the gate. Tiny little beach with palm trees. Nice and shadey with beach chairs. Rooms are bright and cheerful and if you like to BBQ they will even get you a grill for your patio. We thought it was just perfect. I highly recommend it.
Debbie

S
S
How about the Sunbreeze? It is about as close to town as you can get -- and right next door to BC's. It's a great place to stay, as is Paradise Villas.

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i chose to stay out of town (two brats at home, only wanted peace & quiet) but a friend or two liked the sunbreeze very much. it too has a pool, and is a close to town as you can get, and still be on the beach. it is right behind the airport, and central to about everything. keep in mind, san pedro is very small. walking to anything is no big deal. the walks are nice, especially if you walk up the beach, which is always breezy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.