Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My wife and I have this crazy idea that we would like to live in Belize for a while. It seems like it would be a fantastic opportunity and an awesome adventure.

Here's our question though:

I currently run a scooter sales and rental business and love doing it. We make a decent living but need a little more adventure.

Any ideas on if it would work or even be possible to bring 20 or so scooters with us and open a tour business that included a scooter ride and snorkeling. We have been on a few cruises and feel it would make a great excursion. We would most likely hire some Belize natives to run the tours while we operated the back end of the business.

We think we are being a little over excited and should just move there and find an existing job in the tourist industry and slowly build contacts to start this business. What do you all think?

Any ideas or thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks!

C
C
This topic has been discussed 10000 times so in brief, it will take at least a year to get legal to run a business like that. You will never get a guide license..but you can own the equipment and hire Belizeans to be your guide. It would not be likely you could ever get jobs in tourism as they are restricted to Belizeans....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
It's also been done and failed many times.

A
A
It's doable, but a lot of hard work, real hard. I would look into something else.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.