Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
Look at Cahal Pech in Cayo for your mainland days. They will pick you up at BZE and arrange everything for a day trip to Tikal. We did this last month and were very happy with the hotel, food, transportation and price.
No need to stay in Belize City at all.

N
N
My husband and I stay at Ruby's. I would not be in the least afraid to stay there alone. Get a room with a balcony and ocean view. Your in the middle of everything. If you want to visit with people they have two large patios and a 3rd floor deck with a beautiful view of the ocean.

Your 5 min at the most from most of the coolest bars and 10 min from a dozen or so great places to eat in all price ranges.

You can arrange for day trips to the mainland for all the sight seeing you can handle in a week.

There are a lot of great resorts, hotels etc north and south of San Pedro but you will need transportation to most of them. That can get pricy with golf carts running $50-$60 for 24 hours.

I would not under any circumstances stay in Belize City by myself.

D
D

Good advise.

i am a single female, and have been staying at rubies for years...u can get a room with a twin bed, fan and private bath for $25 us, includes tax...it's all i need, as i don't spend much time in my room...the staff has always been great! ask if room 20 is available...if not room 8 would be my second choice...

I agree with Kerry, have stayed at Ruby's. Clean, no frills and right in town. I've felt safe there with no worries. But I will give you a heads up as not to stay behind the cafe.... they start work at 4 am!!
Other places to consider are the Conch Shell, Changes in Latitude as well as Holiday Hotel, if you are looking for close proximity to town..
Have fun (as we all do) and just "go slow" (as in CC!)

Take the road less traveled
N
N
See if you can get Maria Elaina as your maid at Ruby's. I trust all of the maids but she's our favorite. We never worry about anything going missing from the room when she's taking care of us. She is a sweetheart.

maria elena is truly wonderful....have never had a problem with anything missing from my room....really good people....

Aww, I wish I had found this site sooner. I already booked with Mata Rocks because that was where I stayed last time when I went with my mother and I felt safe there. This time I going only with my daughter and I didn't know any better. I was also looking for the best price and looked on those websites that find you the best deal. There were no deals under $100 US. I wonder why this hotel didn't show up in the list. I would have booked it. Oh well, maybe next time.

Andry
M
M
I always stay at Coral Bay Villas. Great people and spotless with hammocks and decks. Just a short beach walk to restaurants up or down the beach. Right foot in the water to town and left foot back. Good price and great value! But then we all have our favorites.

I have almost always stayed at Banana Beach, which is next door to Mata Rocks. Mata Rocks has a great bar and, as someone mentioned, is near one of the best beaches on the island. I've also stayed at Changes in Lattitude, which was very fun and as a B&B had a completely different feel. Not sure you could beat Renita's breakfasts anywhere on the island. I've also spent one night at Ruby's. I know people like it because it's budget and on the beach, but it is not what I would call clean and I don't think I could stay there for several nights in a row. If budget was the deciding factor for me I'd take Pedro's over Ruby's. This last trip I shared a room with Gela at Conch Shell. It is clean, very simple, very convenient to everything in town, right on the beach and reasonably priced.
That said, Banana Beach is still my favorite because the rooms are good sized, I really like the pools and like being a bit of a distance from town and because they have the best staff anywhere!
Also, I think many have pretty good luck negotiating prices lower than those posted online - especially during low season. Truth is, if you're the right kind of traveller you'll have a good time wherever you stay! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.