Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am hardly the person to put this on the message board, but concerned and involved. Currently there is a movement and it is being handled well between the groups involved. I hope I am not going to be chastized, as nobody likes that; I can take it.
I won't even begin to say who did what. SAGA and FOTHS are talking to each other,it seems, through e-mails.
Both organizations are, it seems, trying to work out their relationships with each other through the proposition to have a meeting and talk to each other.
This is an unofficial post. The reason I am sending it, is because it has not yet been on the Board.
It, hopefully will be about both groups to add to the benefit of our local animals that are unprotected and our pets.
I am involve as I have pets that need a vet for their need, and I have always worked for animals elsewhere.
So now I am putting this on the board as a thread, and I am not allied with either group.
I want the relationship for both groups to evolve and I want the best for our feral animals and our pets.

S
S
I have to ask. If you are not directly involved with either organization then why are you posting anything at all?

If you aren't directly involved then you have no real knowledge about what, if anything, is going on. In other words all you are posting is gossip.

From your post you seem to be insinuating that there are problems between FOTHS and Saga, if there is (and I'm not sure there is) shouldn't they be given the opportunity to work things out in private without flapping lips and drama mongering getting involved.

This is the kind of crap that stops people from getting involved with volunteer work in the first place.

I agree Simon. If you are not currently involved please don't presume to know what is going on. The groups are not only talking via email there are face to face meetings and conversations occuring. And the 2 groups are both working for the benefit of the SAGA society. Please keep your concerns and speculation to yourself unless you are interested in joining the SAGA membership group.

Stirring the pot is not an appropriate action at this time.

If anybody would like to join the SAGA society please contact SAGA at <[email protected]> All new members will be welcomed.

For those of you who cannot stand not knowing what is going on - even though reluctant to get stuck in and join the groups - a movement is afoot for SAGA and FOTHS to draft the master plan for the future goal of new clinic. In the meantime the struggle continues to operate the clinic from day to day.

S
S
Well put, Amanda!

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am sorry I used language that implied I was gossiping. The only thing I tried to get across is that I have not been involved as long as others. I have the same information Amanda has and it is sent to me directly from FOTHS and SAGA therefore it is not gossip. I am not stirring the pot either. Both organizations are working to help the animals and will be meeting in the future.
The only reason I did the original post is this subject had been going on for a couple of days and wasn't yet on the message board. So I put it there.
I agree with Amand completely but I am the one who gets jumped on. I don't understand this mentality.

P
P
The point is WHY does it need to be on the message board????

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I believe it is an opportunity for more people to be involved with helping the animals here, and in more different ways. Currently, fund raising, services, money to operate, and how to solve problems are on the table.
Just recently the thread What is your Cause brought out possibilities and information of how people can help in lots of ways on AC. I don't see why another opportunity shouldn't be on the message board.
By the way, all caps and multiple punctuation marks sounds like yelling to me. If you aren't interested just don't respond.

N
N
GwenA, I guess I'm not very good at reading between the lines. I didn't see anything in your post that was critical, just informative. It sounds to me like both organizations are working towards a common goal together. That's good, right?

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I thought so too, but somehow, I am being seen as gossiping and stirring the pot.
I believe there is a lot of emotion when it comes to our animals. Being an animal lover and having worked in the animal biz many years in differing capacities, I have found people have strong opinions. I try to stay away from that. I thought I was being informative too, and I hope more people continue to post information.

The post was not informative - it was unsubstantiated gossip concerning business that is private and currently confidential.

It's like saying that you heard that Pelican Properties and Sunrise Realty were merging because you stumbled across a communique that wasn't addressed to you. You don't actually have an interest in those businesses but thought you might just blurt it out in public because you have a stake in real estate on the island.

The folks that are actively involved with SAGA and FOTHS are in communication. Private conversation. WE can't have every conversational brain fart being broadcast.

WHEN THERE IS A CONCRETE PLAN OF ACTION IT WILL POSTED IN A PUBLIC NOTICE!!!!

This is not an emotional thing - this is a basic principal of business, confidentiality and privacy.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST. Always think about the consequences of your posts. You could be causing more harm than good. When in doubt ask a person that is intimately involved in the situation if they would mind if you blurt out THEIR dealings in public. In most cases the response will be an unequivocal "NO!"

This is not a personal issue against any body (sorry GwenA) - it is simply a cautionary note to all - there are many issues on this board that really don't have any business being posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.