Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#32879 - 01/04/01 04:31 AM Location, Location, Location!
Larob Offline
How important is it to stay within town? We are considering the Caribe Island Resort whch seems a bit far outside the town.

Any comments regarding the Caribe island Resort is also welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#32880 - 01/04/01 04:53 AM Re: Location, Location, Location!
khallbeck Offline
I'l probably get blasted for this reply. Since it seems I'm being overly American. Funny, never felt that way.
Well,being out of the town is good and bad, depends on what you like to do.
I do not know how accessible the Caribe is to town. But if one of the things you really like to do on vacation is sit and "be" with the locals, then you would want to be in town. We unfortunately were not in town, so all we got of local "developing" country life was the Canadians who owned the resort.
So, find out how easy it is to get into town. If it is a boat trip, then it is not as easy as it sounds.
If one of the things you like to do is be by yourself on a beautiful island, with all the tours accessibleby pier, then out of town is for you.
Really it is a personal decision.

Good luck

#32881 - 01/05/01 01:27 AM Re: Location, Location, Location!
TC Offline
Just returned from a 10 day stay at Caribe Island. The wife and I like the fact we are out of town since we usually retire early. We rent a golf cart so getting into town or anywhere is not a problem.
They do have bicycles to use and there is a suttle that runs in the evenings for dinner in town although the resutant on site is good. Albert, the bartender, is fun and many local folks stop by for a drink and a chat. Dive shop on site for booking all of your daytime excursions.
Enjoy your stay in San Pedro.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.