Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
were mandated? Would there be an uproar, or would the single best way to improve the air quality in San Pedro/AC be accepted? Are gas carts a status symbol that will not be given up? Is their speed so important to San Pedranos? Is there sufficient electrical supply to go all electric golf carts?

Every time I walk from the beach to the street, I am amazed at how bad the air quality is.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
S
S
There was a time when 95% of the carts were electric. That worked out OK then as the roads didn't extend nearly so far and the range of an electric cart was sufficient.
Now a cart needs a much greater range to cover the island roads.

I use a gas golf cart because I am call 24/7 and I live 2 miles north of town. I might not have enough charge to get to town if I had just been using it.
All the dead batteries from electric carts are also a problem to the environment.

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
I understand, good points.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
S
S
The dead batteries are supposedly collected by the Town Council and shipped to a battery manufacturer in Belize City where they are salvaged for re-manufacture. At least that was the plan/program years ago...

we are seeing more and more carts here as well.
i had thought about a 'charging station' up this side as the electrics also can't make the round trip.
questions:
how long to charge the normal battery bank in a cart?
could it be done at, oh,, say a bar while they had a few drinks?
can you daisy-chain an extra battery or two?

just curios.

S
S
A charger is a very good idea at any bar! It'll get drinkers to stay while the cart charges. I recently spent 2 hours at The Cloisters while my cart charged enough to get back home.
The carts are either 36 volt or 48 volt if newer style.
Back when Capricorn was the first bar up north that we could drive to, they offered cart charges and enticed many customers that way.

Electric carts are quite a bit heavier than gas carts and therefore have more of an affect on the roads.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
HA!!! Can you document that statement?

A good set of batteries will easily get through 2 rounds of golf. If you figure about 7000 yards for an average course then add for shoelacing and it easily gets to 16000 yards or 9 miles.
Also they do recover somewhat if they sit for a while.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.