RETROSPECTIVE
OF
SUNNING IMAGERY
AND
A TASTE
OF
THINGS TO COME

[Linked Image]

A decisive look back at a Decade of Art Images by Richard Holder, with works from exhibitions like the groundbreaking WE (2003) and images from various international exhibitions such The Havana Biennial (2005). Decadence features a solid body of work, ten years in the making, that will enchant and delight your eyes.

A new conceptual images will also be unveiled at the exhibition as a sample of new projects in the works by Richard Holder.

Free admission - Call 610 3777 for more information

Live and let live
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Photographer launches new exhibit: "Decadence"

[Linked Image] He is known for capturing breathtaking photos in the Belikin Calendars and for his most recent collaboration with the Lifeline Foundation in Project Poverty. And today, noted photographer, Richard Holder, spoke with News Five of a new exhibit entitled Decadence. The exhibit is a repertoire of local and international photographs of people, events and life captured by Holder over a period of ten years. Decadence features a body of photographs from projects the artist has done such as the WE Exhibition and the Havana Biennial including the revealing of a conceptual image that is a sample of a new project on Holder's latest endeavors. Holder says that Decadence is a retrospective of stunning imagery and a taste of things to come.

Richard Holder, Photographer, Decadence Exhibit

"One of the themes in my art work is photographing people that I find on the street in the studio and in the actual setting of the street. One of the consistent things throughout the photographs is that they are done in black and white and I think black and white has a timeless quality and a way to intrigue much more than colour does with its use of light and darks. So I think within these images there will be a lot for the public to see and feed off of artistically. Decadence offers a variety of different images such as nude photography, it offers street photography-people on the street specifically. As a matter of fact, the subject matter is centered around people. So it's basically various depictions of people and I think can be interpreted in many different ways. There is also one still life image in decadence; it's the papaya entrails. There are spiritual images; there's the last supper, the Madonna. As a matter of fact, the way you interpret and feel about some of these images will be very personal so I expect that within it the audience will find a lot of variety and a lot to feast their eyes on."

Duane Moody
"Do you feel that any of these people that will come will consider some of the pictures as vulgar?"

Richard Holder
"I don't think that the art that they will witness in Decadence is in any way vulgar. I think if they depict something interpreted in a vulgar way, it has to do with their limitations. But I feel personally when I look at all those pictures in Decadence, I am not affected in that way. I see something more optimistic in the images."

The exhibit opens tomorrow night at six-thirty sharp.

http://www.channel5belize.com/archive_detail_story.php?story_id=23573

Live and let live
tonights the night!!!!

I hate it that we can't get over there and back when there are events in the evening!!!

Change your Latitude
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Richard Holder's Decadence

[Linked Image] You may know Richard holder as the photographer who's famous for shooting very artful and stylized photographs of nude women. Of course, that's not all he's done and his pictorial pursuits run the gamut from the Cross Country to "feech" playing on Belize City street corners. Now he's put together thirty photographs that show where's he's at while also telling where he's been...but still, with all that, we couldn't quite say where he's coming from.

Richard Holder, Photographer

"Decadence is a collection of images from 1999 to 2009 that have been in exhibitions that have spanned those ten years. They are not commercial images, they are not images done for fun, for the purpose of magazines or anything like that. These images are specific images for exhibitions and these are 26 of what I consider to be some of the strongest from those shows.

[Linked Image] What I hope people will take away from this exhibition if they come and see it is a sense of the power of photography in its ability to evoke a variety of different images and feelings within the audience. All of these images, with the exception of the new image that promotes Decadence for 2009, all of the show is pretty much black and white photographs which I think helps to emphasize that point and helps to kind of jolts the person and helps him to appreciate the photograph as a piece of art.

The direction I am going in now, actually I've already played with the subject matter a lot; I've played with nudes, I've played with reality of people on the streets, I've brought them into the studio, and now I am trying to merge those two worlds. I think that photograph, the new photograph, kind of basically sums up what I have done in ten years by bringing the reality of the streets into the fantasy of the studio. I feel much more ambitious about the future projects coming up. In a sense this ten years I can reflect back with pride on these images. I feel proud of them, I really do, and I can only imagine with the new ideas that I am already excited about and have plans to create, what the next ten years could be like standing if we live to have ten more years of Richard Holder around. Expect greater things, expect fun, expect more decadent images."

The show opened at 6:00 this evening at the Image Factory.

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=13611

Live and let live
amazing work. his three marias and the belizean last supper are classics in my book. both in the archives at belizephotographs.com. a great artiste.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.