Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#329932 03/24/09 12:57 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all,
I'll be visiting for a week and want to tour the rain forest and the Mayan ruins.

Does anyone have a tour company they can recommend and what's the price range? Or should I just let my hotel arrange it?

I just want to get a overall idea of the price (i'm on a super tight budget and don't want to get ripped off) and if there's a reputable tour company I should go with. thx!

Are you staying on the island or on the mainland? From the island, a Lamanai Maya Ruins tour would probably give you the best experience. Tanisha Tours, SeaDuced or Searious Adventures does good trips. Current price is about $160 pp. Very full day.
If you are staying on the mainland, you can do it for much cheaper and will have many more options.

We have used Searious Adventures to tour Lamanai. It's a full day tour starting in SP, boat ride to Belize City with breakfast along the way in a cove full of dolphins, bus ride to a drop-off spot on the New River, boat ride up the river to Lamania, lunch at Lamanai, 1-2 hour tour of ruins site, and reverse the transportation back to SP. We left SP around 7am and were back by 5:30pm. Our hotel made the reservations. I seem to recall that it was under US$150 per person. The guides were amazing and we had a great time.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
M
OP Offline
M
Great, I'll be sure to look in to these suggestions!

everyone has a fave, ours is Tanisha.

in anticipation of getting slammed for saying so, if you book thru a hotel, that hotel takes a portion (about 10%) of the tour co's fee. if you book direct thru the tour co, the tour co gets their full fees.

SJ you miss the point -if the hotel has booked your trip for you and it was not a success you will get your money back-if you book direct no chance -added to the fact the hotel will make sure you get on a trip on the day that you want to go-this will not happen if you book direct as the tour comany can call you at 6.00pm and say sorry we do not have enough people so we are cfancelling your trip-commissions keep the rates down-the tour cos. want the hotel bookings-it is easier for them to operate

Pedro1 #329963 03/24/09 03:43 PM
T
T
God I hate to say this but Pedro is right. When booking with a good hotel tour desk they will find a trip that is going out on the day you want to go. There are several good tour companies here on the island including Seaduced, Searious, tanisha, and Others. As long as you are working with reputable people/ Operators you will have a great time.

peter - you do make a very good point. perhaps anyone not familiar with SP should book thru the hotel (as i have many times), or take the responsibility.

and, change it to ALMOST no chance, cuz in 2/07 i did get a full refund from a tour co from a mix up.

i agree too w travelinman, if you choose to book direct, use a reputable outfit. thanks for the clarification, gentlemen. smile

P
P
I agree with Peter...also the hotel will most likely charge the tour to your room so right their goes a % for credit card charge also someone will be calling to arrange then confirm the tour so this will cost phone time. So that 10% doesn't add up to very much for the hotel. It is more a convenience for the guest.

If you are booking on your own make sure it is with a reputable company. Barbara named a few good ones. If it is just some guy on the street who says he has a cousin/friend/brother who will give you a great deal. Ask to see a tour license.

With that all aside Belize tour guides are some of the best in the world the knowledge they have is amazing they will make your trip fun and enjoyable. You will learn a lot.

Try "Oh Dannyboy Tours" he is located on Barrier Reef drive in front of the town hall. Very good and will get you the best price.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.