Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#330187 03/25/09 11:40 PM
L
lv2trvl Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My husband and I are making our first trip to Belize (Caye Caulker) in May and I just need to know where the best places are to exchange some US dollars into Belizian dollars. I've heard that the airports are not resonable as far as fees are concerned, and was hoping to use a bank on the island.

Also, if I do not exchange it before I get a cab, do a lot of taxi drivers (in Belize City) going to the Water Taxi accept US currency?

Thank you for any help you can provide, and we look forward to seeing your beautiful country!

You can use $US anywhere in Belize, and interestingly, cannot leave the country without paying the exit tax ....in non Belizean currency smile

I suggest getting a good supply of $1 bills: the cab will be $25us plus a tip, and you will want another $1 at the water taxi, as its easier than trying to say you don't need help!

And for a final tip....if you change planes in DFW, hit TGI Fridays for a great cobb salad: It may be the last really fresh one you see 'till you get back, a week later and 10lbs heavier smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
Now there you go Pug, making me want a Cobb Salad from TGIFs (and, of course, lots of US dollars)

I go to Milo's Money Exchange in town & change $200US. for $402 Belize every couple of days, never have to stand in line & have been doing it for the past 10 yrs. or so.
Just a little South past the Fire Station.

P
P
Really? You go that extra mile for Bz$2!!!!

P
P
Didn't mean that to read as sarcastically as it could.

Don't bother changing them, just spend your US$ and expect change in Bz$.

I don't like to carry a big wad of cash down Phil so I bring down mostly $50s & $100s, It's only a 2 min. walk from the Blue Tang. I could care less about the $2, It just makes it easier to pay for things when I'm about half drunk.
I'm in & out in less than a min.

L
lv2trvl Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sounds great! I think we'll plan on bringing traveler's checks, a credit card along with some cash. Thanks for all of your answers and even the TGIF suggestion!

Originally Posted by J DOG
when I'm about half drunk.
I'm in & out in less than a min.

Maybe its just me..... smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
Sounds very satisfying wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.