Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#331133 04/02/09 09:45 AM
L
lil'red Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I came home from work one night last summer and Dali was gone from my yard. I had her about 6 months, a boisterous little pittbull gal, who was happy and adored her home and her ma. I was broken hearted when I came home and she was not there, in her yard. I never believed she ran away, she was so happy to be off the street, and very young when I got her, I had her spayed and cleaned up and she was totally just a devoted friend. But after she disappeared I never heard one word about her. I thought she was gone for good.
Then last night my butt wiggling, tail wagging muscle rocket appeared dancing at the restaurant door just as we were unloading the last of the equipment. She knew exactly where she was, went straight to the fridge for dinner, got into the golfcart without protest, came up and flopped down to sleep in the doorway like she had never been gone. I would say she has not been living on the streets, she is not skinny or badly kept, though she has lots of ticks, is really dirty and has numerous abrasions and some downright ugly cuts. Her collar is gone, but she had been restrained if the missing flap of skin around her neck is any indication. It looks as though she ripped her head out of a noose or collar.
If someone found her and looked after her, I want to say thank you. If someone took her.....
This is a beautiful day in paradise. Thanks to everyone who kept and eye out for her and thanks to those who give their time and energy to our 4 legged friends.

Wonderful story, Sherry!! That put a smile on my face! We are looking forward to meeting Dali in about 2 months and to sharing some good tunes, good food and good times with you and the rest of the suspects!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
L
L
A great story, with a happy ending!

S
S
So glad to hear that she found her way back to you!

In my youth, back in the states, my beloved cat simply disappeared for over a year right after moving to a new residence. Pooky showed back up during a rainstorm and was worse for the wear (skinny and scuffed up) but doing the kitty happy dance smile and enjoyed many years with us. Too bad animals can't talk!

Super Sherrie. That makes me so happy for you and your "butt wiggling, tail wagging muscle rocket"! smile

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #331156 04/02/09 10:57 AM
Great story!!! Yes, don't you wish she could talk. I am so happy that you got her back. Hope you two have many happy years together!

azbob #331159 04/02/09 11:10 AM
heh, "muscle rocket" made me laugh (for immature, ridiculous reasons, of course...) Glad to hear she's back!

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis
Here's hoping that your baby will heal quickly and forever be in your care.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela #331182 04/02/09 01:56 PM
E
E
That's great news Sherry. I always thought it strange that a dog-lover like you didn't have a pet. Dali's a lucky dog. I'm glad she made it home.

God Bless The Reef!
How awesome. lil'red, you've painted such a vivid picture with your words that I feel like I could almost reach out and pet Dali! What a wonderful turn of events both for you and for your four legged friend! I am very happy for you both! smile

It's great to be .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.