Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
OP Offline
K
Hello All! We are planning a trip later this month to Belize and we are looking for the best destination and lodging. We are all young (25-30) and want a place near the beach with good night life, beach bars, etc. So far my research is showing Ambergris Caye is the most popular and best place to stay. Would you agree or do you know of a better destination for what we are looking for?
We are also wanting to do some daytime expeditions like cave tubing, snorkeling, etc. Any other things you guys recommend (with in reason $$)??

Also a BIG help would be recommendations on Lodging. We want something lively on the beachfront and close to activities.

I know I am asking alot but any and all help is much appreciated!!!

Wow!! Waited until the last minute to do your research!! laugh Must be college students!! AC is where you want to be . . beyond that, there are a host of lodging options: you will probably want to be close in town . .it can get pretty quiet further out. Any resort/hotel you book at will be able to provide info on tours, etc. plus doing a search on this board will provide many many options and recommendations.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
A
A
LOTS of good info available with a simple search on this site. It would take lots of people lots of time to re-type (and we are too busy looking at our pictures from the last trip!) so please help yourself to the mountain of good info available here. If you need specific guidance afterwards feel free to ask. You'll love Ambergris Caye, we just ask that you keep it our secret...

Bob (& Jane)

I would recommend splitting up your week (?)

Cave tubing, zip line, Mayan ruins and zoo are all mainland trips, so consider a 2 day start or finish to your trip on the mainland.

Ambergris Caye (San Pedro) or Caye Caulker are great for beach, bars and water sports.

If you come to San Pedro first and find a place for say 5 nights, you will have a good chance of linking up with a guide who you are comfortable with who would quite happily spend 2 days with you doing the mainland stuff.

If you would like some more info, send me a PM, and enjoy your trip

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Originally Posted by pugwash
send me a PM, and enjoy your trip

Seems contradictory to me!! laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
If you are after "a place near the beach with good night life, beach bars, etc." you'll want to be right in town.

If you tell us what your "reasonable $$$" are, that will help us make recommendations to you.

Only one problem that I can foresee is that really great beach and being in town, aren't that easy to put together.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

L
L
Ramone's village, well worth the $$ and great beach. Food not so great, but plenty of great places in walking distance to eat.

A good college-budget beach location is Sundiver - it has it's own beach bar, pool, pretty beach, kayaks, good dive possibilities. Not close to town at all, but the island ferry comes and goes regularly.

I think Spindrifts is a good option. You should check it out.

Check out the Mayan Princess, center of town next door to Fido's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.