Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#332176 - 04/09/09 12:46 AM Joe Clair visits San Pedro
Marty Offline
Clair met with Minister of Tourism, Manuel Heredia Jr.

He also visited Coconut’s...

...and Hidden Treasure plus Jaguar’s Temple Night Club (not pictured).

If the name Joe Clair rings a bell it could be because he hosted Rap City on Black Entertainment Television (BET) for about six years and then hosted Mad Sports for about four years. Clair, the TV host, comedian, and sometimes rapper is now working on his own television show and he recorded the first episode right here in Belize. Clair spoke to The San Pedro Sun at Ramon’s Village in San Pedro Town on Friday, April 3rd.

Clair explained that after the new Film Commissioner Nigel Miguel took office, he (Miguel) extended an invitation to visit Belize. “The new film commissioner invited me to come to Belize. Filming the culture in Belize, I think is a good experience that the millions of viewers, especially the African Americans our show targets, will enjoy,” commented Clair, adding that, “the show will give Belize a good exposure and I know this episode will bring awareness about the unique culture Belize has to offer.” During his visit to San Pedro Town, Clair met with the Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation and Culture, Honorable Manuel Heredia. Heredia commented that, “it is just one of the many efforts by the government that has paid off. It is an important event that Belize will surely take advantage off.” 

The San Pedro Sun was given access to Clair’s entire filming on the Island where it started with a meeting at Ramon’s with the Honorable Heredia. Next Clair visited Coconut’s Beach Resort where he got a taste of the night life in San Pedro Town and later he moved on for dinner at Hidden Treasures with the proprietors, Ruben and Elvi Nuñez. Following a fantastic meal, Clair was taken via cab to Jaguars where he interacted with the crowd and experienced the party atmosphere on La Isla Bonita. On Saturday morning Clair was at Portofino where he taped a sunrise breakfast. During his stay in San Pedro Town, The San Pedro Sun’s Kainie Manuel served as Clair’s guide. The luxurious La Perla del Caribe offered its hospitality for the night, while Portofino delighted him with a scrumptious breakfast. Before leaving the island, Clair also filmed a segment of his show at Maya Island Air before boarding his flight to Dangriga.

Before leaving the Island, Clair confessed that one of the best dishes he had in Belize was Chirmole but stated that Belize has offered him one of the best culinary experiences of his life. Clair toured the entire country during his stay in Belize. The post production will also be done in Belize but the air date has not been finalized.

San Pedro Sun

#332293 - 04/09/09 01:42 PM Re: Joe Clair visits San Pedro [Re: Marty]
sweetjane Offline
La Perla del Caribe & Portofino Beach Resort host BET Star:

(two places we LOVE!!! woo hoo you guys!! cool!)

#333108 - 04/15/09 10:01 AM Re: Joe Clair visits San Pedro [Re: sweetjane]
Marty Offline

There is something about San Pedro – La Isla Bonita and Belize – Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret that attracts millions of tourists, actors singers and other celebrities to visit or film shows here and this week was no exception as former BET (Black Entertainment Television) star Joe Clair was in the country working on his own television show and shooting the first episode for Joey’s World Show.

“We’re doing a new show, my company, and I work with Nigel Miguel. We’re doing a new a travel show, and it is really aimed at African Americans, blacks in the States,” commented Joe Clair to News 7.

“And what I wanted to do was highlight places we should go and things we should see. And most of the times us in America, we think if I go to Belize I am going to go find resorts; stay at the resort and I might go out once or twice. Me? I want to feel the people, I want to know what the culture is, I want to know what the history is, I want to know what is really going on today - what are you listening to, how do you party, what is the political climate like. All of those things so Nigel said okay perfect, I know exactly what to do. Come to Belize and so here we are.”

Clare was shooting in Belize for seven days and Film Commissioner Nigel Miguel hopes the show will be picked up by BET. “He’s actually filming a lifestyle travel show featuring Belize’s culture, food, song, dance, people, locations – what people would do when they come to Belize through Joe Clair’s eyes,” commented Nigel Miguel, Film Commissioner.

Ambergris Caye was honored to be one of his first stops. Joe and his entourage was able to spend time at La Perla del Caribe, Portofino Beach Resort, Hidden Treasures, Coconut’s Hotel, the downtown strip and of course Fido’s and Jaguar’s Temple Night Club! More importantly Joe was able to meet the many types of people who enjoy “da Caye” lifestyle full time; he even sat down for a chit chat with Minister of Tourism, Hon. Manuel Heredia.

Joe and his Producer loved the multiple facets of the island and promise to come back for some quality time with her residents, real soon. We welcome his speedy return! Joe Clair planned to tour the entire country for a week and the post production will be done in Belize.

Ambergris Today

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.