Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone. I'm guessing I haven't posted here since 2002 - our last visit.

Well, we're coming on Saturday (18th) and due to a health situation with a family member, we hesitated booking our lodging.

What I'm wondering is, does the tourist office, or any local travel agents, keep track of last minute room availabilities? If not, I'm thinking I will just get on the phone tomorrow and Tuesday. I just wondered if there was a shortcut!

By the way, in case you know of somewhere, we're looking for close to town, prefer a pool, and budget under $250. We're staying 4 nights.

There are a few places that are actually coming up on travelocity and hotels.com, so I know I'll be able to get something. Are there any better websites to check?

Thanks for your help, and I can't wait!!! 7 years is too long for a repeat trip.

Heidi

Can't wait to get there!
H
I would go to the lodgings section on this board and start sending e-mails . .I'm sure you will find something. I am not aware of a central clearinghouse for last-minute reservations. You might try Belizean Reef or the Palms . .both nice and just south of town.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I just got a great deal at the Conch Shell for 13 nights in May. No Pool but can walk to resorts that have a pool and use if you partake at the bar.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks KC Jayhawk - by the way, my budget would be alot bigger if most of my money didn't go to KU!

I took your suggestion and I got quite a few nice offers yesterday. Just deciding now.

Thanks deadserious. Yeah, a pool is kind of a deal breaker. But thanks.

Can't wait - 4 more days!
Heidi

Can't wait to get there!
H
P
OP Offline
P
Forgot to post back. Well, we decided to stay at the Phoenix. They have an opening special going on, which helped.

Also, this trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary so thought Phoenix might be a good fit for that.

Thanks again.

Heidi

Can't wait to get there!
H
Seen the inside of the one of the Phoenix condos and they are really nicely done up. Wide hallways and tall ceilings.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

L
L
They also have a wonderful Spa and yoga on Tues. and Thurs. Be sure to have a mojito at the Red Ginger resturant, best I've ever had.

R.B. Mernitz
After the mojito get the brasied short ribs of beef .Outstanding dish .This is one class place ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks all. I'll give a quick update when we return -minus any anniversary related details wink of course.

Heidi

Can't wait to get there!
H

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.