Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#332825 04/13/09 02:13 PM
D
OP Offline
D
OK - I have a question on duty charges. Is the duty according the the amount you paid for the item? Example - I can get Beringer White Zinfadel - 1.5 liter here for $7.99 - and AC price runs around $33.00. So if I brought in extra bottles and had sales slip would I be charged duty on the $7.99? Also, how is duty figured? And I hear conflicting responses on how much wine one can bring in duty free, so what is the amount or where can I find out?
Thanks

I bring in a bottle of Crown & never claim it, never had any problems.
Just bubble wrap it & put it in your suitcase.

Last edited by J DOG; 04/14/09 08:26 AM.
K
K
We just returned home to AC via International airport today and we have residency. There is now a duty-free shop between immigration and customs. We were told we could now have four liters each! We bought 7 bottles of liquor(had two more bottles in our luggage that we also claimed) and just had to get the receipt stamped going through customs. They had some nice wines that I have not seen here on the island (did not spend a lot of time looking).

people drink white zinfandel? yikes.

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis
LOL, LOL! laugh

F
F
Hi
You can check things out here: http://www.customs.gov.bz/duty.html

P.S. It should be noted that alchohol duties are applied by volume and not by value.

This is what is (partially) on the site:
Wines or spirits not exceeding one litre in all and
Tobacco, not exceeding 250 grams or
Cigars, not exceeding fifty, in number, or
Cigarettes, not exceeding Two Hundred in number
Goods to the aggregate of BZ $200.00 through an International Airport (BZ$50.00 at other entry points) belonging to a Belizean passenger (including a passenger under eighteen years old) which accompany that passenger and were acquired abroad by him for his personal use or as souvenirs or gifts and admitted as such by the Comptroller of Customs.

It is a helpful site.

F
F
Also... on the same site it states that wine duty is $20.00 per imperial gallon. I don't know if there are any other charges besides like taxes???

K
K
Freezer - even though that is what the website says and is on the form, with the new duty free shop you can buy four bottles/person. All done legit and as a resident(they are usually tougher on us). The people at the store and the customs agent helped walk us through the whole process today. . .

G
G
Now what would happen if we brought over 8 liters of home brew, Cab Shiraz,(7 for me, 1 for my honey) would I be a mobile 'Blindpig'? Each @ 4$ cdn., and it makes me sing better than a 12$ bottle VQA

T
T
Sorry to dredge this up again but is the wine - merlot, cabernet, etc. - a lot cheaper at the duty free shop then on AC?

Time flies when you are having rum!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.