Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#33315 01/18/01 10:49 AM
LOL @ Edd. Hubby was a bit agitated by the international interpretation of "coonass", but grit his teeth in an effort to be a polite host and continue to be the goodwill ambassador to Argentina........

I, on the other hand, have taken to calling hubbies intermittant, peculiar, behavior as him being, "coonie". Do you have to appease the "coonie" behavior of your spouse with such things as red beans and rice, etoufee and gumbo???? *grinning* I do......
Deb

#33316 01/18/01 10:27 PM
E
Edd Offline
E
Debbie, Debbie,
Finally a Soul-Mate that understands! Miss Priscilla thinks red beans & rice is a meal, I look at it as a side dish; same with gumbo, boudin, and all the "wild creatures boiled in hot sauce that I don't want to even talk about, but cooked in one pot" and served over a bed of rice. Where's the beef? I'm from Texas,and consider these items tasty, but far short of REAL food. And by the way, can you understand anything these coonasses say? They talk in a language with which I'm not at all familiar. And also by the way, who the Hell is Boudreaux? HELP!!!!

#33317 01/19/01 02:17 PM
Edd.... ROFLMAO!!
For starters, "Boudreaux" is my husbands name when he's in deep shit or in the dog house...... Boudreaux can refer to just about anybody....
As for the culinary delights, I'm of french decent as well, but NOT cajun. Some of the cooking is similar, some isn't. I wasn't raised to think that Tabasco Sauce is a condiment to go on EVERYTHING!!! Woe unto me if we should run out....... ALTHOUGH... he discovered habanero pepper sauce while in Belize, and now I have to order it off the net..... "Blackened" meant, "you screwed up!! Throw it out!" Suck heads was a term I didn't learn until a married adult, and wasn't sure I wanted to know...still don't. YUCK! [Linked Image] I firmly believe the only reason "Boudreaux" married me is because I CAN make red beans and rice, gumbo, etc. Fortunately, "Boudreaux" likes beef, and will eat it, but MUCH prefers red fish, crabs and crawfish. My french background goes to the French West Indies (St. Maarten) and all my relatives talk funny too, so I had a better time than most deciphering what they were talking about. My father in law is a hoot!!! YOu haven't lived until you've spent the weekend at a "fish camp" on the bayou or swamp with his relatives. Truly a world and culture all it's own!!! As a side note..... Etoufee on the menu for tomorrow. Surprised??? LOL
Debbie

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.