Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#33354 - 01/15/01 10:43 PM Just got back from San Pedro
Sun Bunny Offline
I just got back Saturday (Jan. 13). I am in love with San Pedro. The people are so friendly and the island is just beautiful! I have been to 3 other islands in the Carribean and this was by far the best.
I really would like to recommend Carlos and Alfonso who were our Dive Master and Tour Guides. There were the nicest people and showed us things in Belize that we never thought we would see. Thanks guys!!
When I have some time I will be posting the places and things that are a must to do when you are in Belize.

#33355 - 01/15/01 11:00 PM Re: Just got back from San Pedro
shecht Offline
Can't wait for you to post your favorites. I'll be leaving for both Belize and AC in 2 weeks. Never been - can't wait!

#33356 - 01/16/01 12:52 AM Re: Just got back from San Pedro
dawnskers Offline
Hi Schect- Thought you might be interested in my "review", since you were looking forward to what SunBunny had to say re; reommendations, etc- it was listed in an earlier post, so please disregard if you've already read this...have a great time in Belize! I can't wait to go back someday!

Hi! We returned from a trip to SP in mid-December, and I thought maybe someone might like to benefit from our experiences there...We really enjoyed Estel's; we had breakfast there a few days. I highly recommend the Mayan eggs...yummy! Tell Charley that Dawn and David from Englewood said to say "Hello"! Hope your trip is as wonderful as ours was- would love to go back again! We did dive the Blue Hole-the trip out was a bear; quite rough on my hubby's back. (He's had 3 surgeries already at age 44) But the dive was awesome- went with Amigos Del Mar, and they took excellent care of us. Saw 6-8 bull sharks at around 100 ft- too cool! Didn't find a wetsuit to fit my husband, so he dove without, but said he was comfortable. I was glad that I wore my shortie- We recommend a trip to Capricorn's- well worth the price and the water taxi. Had the surf and turf- best lobster I've ever eaten! (Including Maine!) Also enjoyed Jambel Jerk, and the restaurant at Victoria House. We called for a reservation, and they sent a taxi to come pick us up at our resort, AND they picked up the tab! Also took the advice of another message boarder and bought a case of Belikan from the distributor- much cheaper than the price we were charged at our resort, even leaving the empties and the deposit for the crate. Can't wait to return someday- everyone we met was very nice, and genuinely friendly. We also extended our stay in Belize, and rented a car out of the airport in Belize City for a bit of exploring on our own. Highly recommend doing it if at all possible- we stayed at Chaa Creek; pricey, but beautiful. Took a day trip out to the Pine Ridge area, and saw the Rio Frio Cave (truly awesome!) and the Rio On Pools, as well as Blancaneaux Resort, and lunched at the Five Sisters...what a view! Had lunch at Clarissa Falls one day- the falls are quite small, but really liked the food and the atmosphere. Would think that this would be a nice place to stay if you didn't want to spend the big bucks for one of the fancier lodges, but still be centrally located for exploring the ruins, etc. Don't buy slate carvings from the people at the entrance to Cahal Pech- MUCH cheaper at the ferry over to Xunantunich! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to e mail me at dawnskers@yahoo.com- I had a great time in Belize, and know you will, too!

#33357 - 01/16/01 05:13 PM Re: Just got back from San Pedro
CAPTAIN bigzeke Offline
Dawnskers...
I am going in June and am deciding between Chaa Creek, Blancaneaux, and Green Haven Lodge. Can you help me with my decision?
BZ

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.