Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#33364 - 01/15/01 06:44 PM How do i get to Mata Chica Beach Resort
pollita Offline
My fiancee and i would like to spend our honeymoon at the Mata Chica Beach Resort.
I would like to know what are the best and cheapest airlines one can take. Also, what is the nearest airport near the resort .As well as any comments in regards to the resort.

#33365 - 01/15/01 09:13 PM Re: How do i get to Mata Chica Beach Resort
Sandshaker Offline
There are 3 airlines that I'm aware of into Belize. American, Continental and Grupo TACA.
Depending on where you are coming from and what is available....that's who you use.

Once you land at Belize International....you will need to catch a smaller commuter plane to Ambergris Caye on either Tropic Air or Maya Island Air.
I personally fly on Tropic.....not that it is any better...I just like the planes better.

Once on Ambergris Caye....you will be picked up by the staff at Mata Chica.

I was just up there last week. It's beautiful! Very artsy....furnishings are gorgeous! It would be a great place for a honeymoon.

Nadia and Philip, the owners, are very guest conscious. Nice people. I did not eat while I was there, but I undersatand the restaurant is good too.

During your stay here....you can also take the island ferry from Fido's dock to Mata Chica. There is a schedule and it's $15 bz. each way per person.

Hope this helps and have a very happy honeymoon!

Basil Jones Resort & Club http://www.glentree.com

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 01-15-2001).]

#33366 - 01/15/01 09:24 PM Re: How do i get to Mata Chica Beach Resort
Marty Offline
Truly a remarkable place. Every tile is hand made, the finest touches are everywhere. Special French painter flown in to do the exteriors. Interiors are heavenly.

interior at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/matachicainteriorcut.jpg

and exterior at:

which are from our Computer Wallpaper (large pics) section at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/

lotsa killer BIG pics (smaller sizes of each also)

Like Sandshaker said, you will find Nadia and Phillipe give the attention to detail and the FUN of the visitors the HIGHEST priority.

#33367 - 01/16/01 04:04 PM Re: How do i get to Mata Chica Beach Resort
Sandshaker Offline
Great pics Marty!......captures it perfect!

For the longest time I have traveled by there on my way up north and thought the paint needed to be redone.....and was faded.
Then when I actually went there....I realized it was like that on purpose.
It's like a color wash finish....beautiful up close.

The whole resort is beautiful! Feel like your in another world almost.

I was highly impressed!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.