Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#33368 - 01/15/01 06:56 PM Mosquitoes?
Carolyn Offline
Hello all: my husband and some friends and I were supposed to travel to AC last November, but cancelled due to Keith. We're thinking about re-scheduling for mid-April, but are wondering how bad the mosquitoes are then? Would really appreciate any candid responses. Thanks so much!

#33369 - 01/16/01 08:44 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
Carolyn Offline

#33370 - 01/16/01 10:43 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
SP Daily Offline
Mosquitos are never really a problem. When they're in full force there's a heavy attack time at sunset when we all apply Cutter''s or Off to control them for about one hour. Otherwise it''s not a problem at all. Nothing as bad as the US!

#33371 - 01/16/01 11:32 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
deano Offline
In 10 years of travels to San Pedro I have only found two kinds of skeeters...The little tiny ones that come thru a screen door...and the great big ones that can open it!

#33372 - 01/17/01 12:42 AM Re: Mosquitoes?
Jen O Offline
I am from Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is our state bird. I sure hope they arent as bad down there.
I thought this was Paradise...
Not Minnesota melted!

#33373 - 01/17/01 09:34 AM Re: Mosquitoes?
govikes Offline
Jen O, I'm lifelong (and long-suffering)MN--been going to AC for 3 yrs and you won't notice the mosquitoes (when they do come out for an hr. right after the sun goes down, you should have enough Belikan/rum in you that they won't bite you anyway). I've never had a problem with them coming from here--you won't either!

#33374 - 01/17/01 09:44 AM Re: Mosquitoes?
MIBAC Offline
Another minnesota connection, we have been going to AC for 3 years also and the only time you notice them is at sunset from our experience, we are going again the first of FEB. The wind is usually coming in and that keeps them away. Have a great time!

#33375 - 01/17/01 07:02 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
Jen O Offline
Hey Thanks fellow Minnesotans!
I also am going soon, 13 days to be exact!!
Cannot wait....
I couldnt beleive it when I tuned in to Temptation Island last week, I had no idea it was filmed there.
Where do you guys stay down there? Any recommendations on what to do?

[This message has been edited by Jen O (edited 01-17-2001).]

#33376 - 01/18/01 02:56 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
MIBAC Offline
We leave on Feb 1st (might be the same flight) There is ton of stuff to do if you like realaxing, fidhing, snorkeling and not having any pressure put on you at all. I would snorkel with Alphonse for sure he is the best. Go to both shark ray alley and Hol chan both are well worth the trip and if you are really daring try the niight snorkel, we did it and it was awesome. If you like late nights we went out dancing a couple of times and that was pretty wild. Are you going with a big group?

#33377 - 01/18/01 05:50 PM Re: Mosquitoes?
govikes Offline
Hey Jen O - e-mail me at susie.quist@quebecorworld.com and I'll give you some names/places to check out.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (JaHo, Marty, cracked up, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,725 Topics
461,274 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.