from the Chamber of Commerce....
The Chamber of the Americas sent the following notice about marketing your business in Latin America:
Chamber of the Americas / Cámara de las Américas
720 Kipling St., Lakewood, CO 80215
Phone: 303-462-1275, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.chamberoftheamericas.com
Chamber of the Americas
Consulting and Marketing Services
For US companies marketing products/services to Latin America
* Market Research
* Strategy Selection
* Selling to Latin America
* Mergers & Acquisitions. Alliances.
Most American managers assume that what is true for Americans working in the United States is also true for people from other countries. Sometimes it is not. Cross-cultural management is a new field relative to the traditional study of management, and there are not too many examples of failures. Some examples:
- American firms, suffering the market recession, want to expand their sales to the Hispanic market. The problem is that that is a heterogeneous market. For example, people from El Salvador do not like to drink the same coffee that people from Colombia do; Mexicans prefer another kind of chili or cheese that the ones sold at the supermarket in American “Hispanic” shelves. This phenomenon is not new. Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Wendy’s are only some examples of the American firms that entered the Argentine market and had to leave the country after loosing millions of dollars.
- American firms want to import from Latina America to diversify their supplies and problems arise in the negotiations or logistics.
- American firms willing to export to Latin America face different kinds of problems. Sometimes they do not choose the right distribution channel, the same products have different demands in different countries, or the logistics is difficult, etc.
COTA will help your company to do business with Latin America.
A practical, hands-on, three-phase process is proposed. The three phases are:
– Assessment: To determine what the company needs.
– Improvement proposal: To propose projects with different priorities and impact.
– Execution: To transform ideas in concrete results.
- Education and Counseling
- Personnel Training
- Project Management
For more information, please call COTA’s president Gil Cisneros at 303-462-1275 or send a message to email@example.com.
ABOUT THE CHAMBER OF THE AMERICAS
The Chamber of the Americas is a not-for-profit organization based in Denver, Colorado. It was founded in April 2001 by Gilberto “Gil” Cisneros, who was previously the founder and executive director of the U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Rocky Mountain Chapter (1993-2001).
The Chamber of the Americas has a simple, profoundly important goal: To help you make the most of your business opportunity in the Americas. Stated more formally, the Chamber’s mission is to facilitate commerce and understanding between the businesses and governments of the Western Hemisphere.
Through trade missions, educational classes and other initiatives, The Chamber facilitates your business contacts, promotes international networking and encourages cultural understanding. We connect you to the people, governments and companies that drive current and emerging cross-border opportunities in the Americas.
A few years from now, the world will be wondering how certain firms were poised to seize the opportunity in the Americas so quickly and easily. Will you be one of those companies? The answer is yes if you have the foresight to become a member of the Chamber of the Americas today. Currently, the Chamber has hundreds of members from 35 states in the United States and from 28 countries in Latin America, Asia and Europe.
For more information, please call COTA’s president Gil Cisneros at 303-462-1275 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org