Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335037 04/28/09 04:04 PM
F
florida Offline OP
OP Offline
F
We are going to the Island next month and need some info. We are first time visitors. Do the banks or restaurants charge a fee to cash travelers cheques? Can you buy Vodka or Rum at the Duty Free in Belize Airport and bring it to San Pedro? Is it best to book ahead on Tropic Air or book at Airport? We have no trouble booking ahead but the Virus scare is a concern!

No, yes and maybe (depends on your willingness to wait an extra hour if the first flight after you arrive is booked).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
If you wait until you are at the airport to purchase your ticket, ask for a cash discount. We paid somewhere around $85 for RT on Tropic a couple of months ago.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
as far as i know, unless it has changed, one must show an international ticket to buy duty free anywhere. (belize city airport is a domestic flight to san pedro)

if you have a lay-over somewhere, the connection airport would be the place to buy your duty free liquor.

the local rum on the island is good, and pretty cheap.

I all ways carry some travelers cheques and have never been charged for using them. I even cashed some at Belize Bank with no charge. Drink the local rum, you'll like it. Oh and the local beer, Belikins. It's all in the Latitude!! smile

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #335053 04/28/09 08:11 PM
The airport in Belize City will ask to see your passport, but not a ticket. People purchase from duty free enroute to the island on a pretty consistent basis, from what I've seen.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
S
S
There is a new duty free shop in the arrival area of Belize Airport. You can buy once you land and keep it in Belize. You can buy up to 4 bottles per person. The only catch is you have to put it all in your checked luggage to fly to any destination within Belize.No carry on liquids.

"Just another Day in Paradise"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.