Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335116 04/29/09 10:54 AM
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi, I am a bit new this board. What are some of the best places to stay on th A.C. where the reef is close enough to the shore so you can jsut walk right out to the water and snorkel without needing a boat or kayak? We are spoiled at Akumal Beach Resort in MX where you can do that but hubby wants to go to Belize for our next visit down there. It is soooo nice to snorkel many times a day when the mood strikes and we would love to find a place in AC where we can do that. I understand that Tranquility Bay resort is a good place but have been told that the further north on the Island, the closer in is the reef.

i answered your PM, rini. smile

Tranquility Bay or the Turtleman's house - both on AC - have lots of coral right by the shore.

In the south, try French Louis caye which has a fringe reef of it's very own that is really impressive. It's a private island that provides you with a remarkable experience.

Also on Amergris Caye ---- try Los Encantros - just a bit north of the pier there are good coral beds quite close in to shore.

Tranquility Bay is the hotel furthest North on the island. Turtleman's house is in the same location but a private house rental, not associated with a resort. Great snorkeling in the area right off shore. The trade off is that you are a 45 minute boat ride from town (restaurants, shops, etc) Fortunately Tranquility Bay has a very good restaurant on site.

R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So far so good. Keep em coming! I will look into the places you all have suggested. It would be nice to get my diving certificate to see some really good stuff! What is the average cost to go out diving? I understsand it can be kinda costly?

E-Learning is the ticket lately everyone seems to go that route.
read about it on the blue link below

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.