Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#335646 05/02/09 10:44 AM
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Has anyone been to this resort that can give me their experience?

Lived there for a month. they are nice have good food at a good price. They run some good deals.

mary
We love Banana Beach. Only have great things to say about the accommodations, service, people, location. Its a very nice condo-tel type of property on one of the nicest beach areas in san pedro.

Very good people. very good food (and reasonable). Rooms are clean and comfortable. The beachfront rooms are really nice.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
This is not an all-inclusive right? It looked like the rates where per night. That is fine with me. Stupid question but as I look at photos of the Belize shoreline in the area it looks like the water is not that pretty blue but rather muddy looking in some places. Looks like some rivers poor out into the ocean making it brackish. What is the water like there? And can you snorkel out from the shore? Or are the reefs too far out? And are there many people there? We want to take our daughter there with a frined for her high school graduation trip in 1010. She would be board if it was too quiet.

There are no all-inclusives in SP that I know of. The water may not look blue because of seagrass close to shore, but it is beautifully clear. The reef is about 1/2 mile offshore and there is lots of boat traffic, so don't plan on snorkeling from shore to the reef. Board(sic)? Depends what your daughter thinks is exciting, but this is no Daytona Beach or Cancun, thank God!!!!! Since she graduated in 1010, she will probably sleep most of the time anyway. crazy

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
C
C
We can't say enough good about the place. The best staff we have ever run into, and as everyone else says, great food,clean rooms and a nice beach. Have stayed in many places around the island but really like Banana Beach.

Banana beach is wonderful as you can tell by the other comments that have been posted. They have a fantastic staff, great rooms or suites available. Their restaurant and bar, El Divino's, has very personable servers and good prices. The travel shop, Monkey Business, has a very knowledgeable staff and many quick grab items you may need. There are the two pools and there is a security guard on the premises.

O.k., so I guess I like BB.

As for the snorkeling, there are several places at the shore to snorkel, but I agree with Moose you can't snorkel to the reef. Last year at the dock right next to BB, My son was able to see a morrey eel among the many other sea creatures. Way cool.

Last edited by terrielinn; 05/03/09 03:44 PM.

It's great to be .....

heh grad 1010 - "sleep all the time" rofl Moose

If we give Peas a chance won't the Lima Beans feel left out ?

Regarding Rini's question - Quote:
"Stupid question but as I look at photos of the Belize shoreline in the area it looks like the water is not that pretty blue but rather muddy looking in some places. Looks like some rivers poor out into the ocean making it brackish. What is the water like there?"

Regarding the "Belize shoreline - the mainland has about 200 miles of shoreline - some has rivers coming into it, other areas are wetlands and others are long stretches of beach.
That being said, you seem to be asking about Ambergris Caye which is an island with gorgeous water, and no rivers.
You can see fish swimming in the water from your seat in the airplane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.