Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
We hope to be first time visitors to AC this coming November. There will be either two or three couples on the trip and we would like to know if it is possible to rent a villa with pool oceanfront or similar accommodations. We have done this on St. John for the last several years and have found that it suits our needs perfectly. Also, how do the beaches and snorkeling compare to the Caribbean and is AC considered a quiet or touristy environment? Any information would be most appreciated.

L
L
I just returned from AC on Sat. 1/20. I would strongly recommend Banyan Bay Villas. We had a ground level unit directly on the beach. All units are 2bdr/2ba, living room and fully equipped kitchen. The pool is the best I saw on the island - and I did check out the other resorts. There is a full service dive shop located on the dock right on the property that can arrange ANY tour/trip you want to go on - sailing, snorkeling, ruins tours, diving, etc. Eli runs the shop and she is very helpful and informative!

We didn't try to snorkel from the beach, I don't think there was much to see, so pay to go out on the boats which will take you to the best reefs anyway. Shark/Ray Alley is a blast and only $20 per person.

Maybe it was this past week, but we found things to be very quiet and relaxing. We practically had the pool to ourselves each time we went out for some sun. They were still rebuilding the bar and grill, but other than that everything was absolutely beautiful.

Have fun!
Lainie

Lainie
there are several two and three bedroom homes for rental. Check the lodging button up top of here. You'll find more information there....

L
L
I just got back from A/C on Jan 14th and we stayed at the Belize Yacht Club, they have 2 and 3 bedroom suites (they are not cheap! I paid $340/ per night for our 2 bedroom ocean front, but it was awesome!) As the Lainie said, you can't go wrong at Banyan Bay either it is very nice. The reason I chose The Yacht Club is that it was a little closer to town, if that is not important to you, you might want to check out the Victoria House also, they have a beutiful new pool there and it is a very classy resort. Check them all out at //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
A/C is quite......very quite, but if you want to kick your heels up, you can do that too! Hope you have fun, can I stowe away in your suitcase?

L
L
We just got back yesterday from AC. It was wonderful. Very relaxing. We stayed at Ramon's Village. The resort was very nice, good restaurant, bar (try the Purple Parrot), the pool and the landscaping is great. They are completely full service resort, we were well taken care of for less than $200/night with taxes. I would recommend a beachfront or seaside room as they are only $10 more per night and the view is wonderful. The thing I really liked about Ramons is it was in walking distance of everything! Very easy access to San Pedro. We recommend the diving. Awesome. I really don't think a kitchen would be that much of a benefit because the grocery stores were very expensive and had limited selection. Also, if you like Diet sodas, bring some along because they don't carry much of them and if they do, it doesn't taste the same. You should have seen all the tourists in the Belize City airport yesterday getting their Diet Coke fix after being without. Have a great trip, can I come with you?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.