Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336407 05/08/09 09:09 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize’s most well known unmarried couple tied the knot this evening at the St. Ignatius Church. Troy Dalla Flowers and Mayor Zenaida Moya were wed in a small private ceremony at the St. Ignatius church this evening. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 6:00 but as is perhaps typical of all brides, the Mayor arrived in white at 6:25. Here are images just back from her arrival at the church.

The reception is scheduled for 7:00 pm at the Princess Hotel where senior government officials including the Prime Minister and the Governor General are among the 300 invited guests. But only one Minister and that is Michael Finnegan was invited to this evening’s ceremony. We’ll have images from the reception in tomorrow’s newscast.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
a couple comments from friends last night....

1> The Lady Moya is getting hitched...at this time. Well, already hitched but trying to do the soca at the Princess defying Ministry of Health recommendations.

Mass gathering is defined by Director of Health Services Michael Pitts
as 200 people where alcohol is being served.

The Mayoress' party has 275 guests - including guess who? Yes man Michael Pitts.

==========================

2> Understand the lady is five months with child.� We are looking at three firsts for Belize.� First Prime Minister to marry while in office.� First Mayor to marry while in office and first Mayor to give birth to a child while in office.� Nothing unusual I guess, just interesting.� Is there much difference between conceiving out of wedlock and giving birth out of wedlock?� Hmmmm....

S
S
Originally Posted by Marty
Is there much difference between conceiving out of wedlock and giving birth out of wedlock? Hmmmm....

Conceiving is more fun...

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Mayor Moya's Gonna Be A Momma!

It's what might be called a public secret: Mayor Zenaida Moya is pregnant. It's been rumoured for months and intensely speculated upon in the past few weeks when she started to show. And while it is a private matter, for Belize's most public female figure, it is news - as Moya becomes the first elected woman to have a child while in office. And while the announcement is news-worthy, beyond that, it's not really such a big deal - after all, women have babies all the time. This morning, the newly married Mayor discussed the very public pregnancy with Jacqueline Godwin.
Jacqueline Godwin,
Congratulations are in order because, well, looking at you, I know you're expecting. When is the baby due, do we know if it will be a little boy or a little girl?

Zenaida Moya, Mayor - Belize City
"Well, let's just say we will be looking at possibly some September celebrations."

Jacqueline Godwin,
Just in time.

Zenaida Moya,
"Just in time. I'm really looking forward to it. It is my first. It will be the first child for me and it really is a big deal for me. I also think it is something that will prove also that women can hold different responsibilities and still be a woman. So the different preconceptions that women have received for such a long time, hopefully I can be one of the persons that can really show that a woman, a female can do it all."

Jacqueline Godwin,
And so far everything is okay, the baby is healthy?

Zenaida Moya,
"Yes absolutely no problem, nothing. I have been fortunate, no morning sickness, no problems, nothing at all. Everything is perfect. I must thank God for not even a problem. Sometimes I guess I kind of forget that I am but�."

Jacqueline Godwin,
Hopefully it remains that way.

Zenaida Moya,
"Hopefully it remains that way."

Dad-to-be Troy Dalla Flowers has told us that if it's a boy, it won't be Troy Jr.

Channel 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.