Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, I am going to be bringing my son who is 19 yrs old down to Belize in late June/early July for 10 days. We are planning on staying in the Rainforest for the first 4 or 5 days to do the ruins, cave tubing, zip line, etc thingy but we want to spend our last 5 or 6 days at the ocean. We are going to learn to dive, already snorkel, want to go to Shark Ally, do some deep sea fishing and lazing around.

My big question is where in the heck to stay on AC. People have been telling me to stay on Caye Caulker but since my son tends to get bored once the sun goes down, I think there may be more to do in AC. We do not need the best most expensive place to stay but we do want clean, secure, friendly and within walking distance to SP. I have looked at Ramons (a bit to upscale and $ for me), Holiday Hotel and several others. Having a kitchen would be nice but just a frig would work too. We just want to be near town and other people but beach front property as well. Oh yeah, we NEED two beds too.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by sindy1232; 05/10/09 02:42 PM.
P
P
Try Pedro's, at least for your son.

J
J
Try conch shell inn or mayan princess. Both are on the beach and reasonably priced, and have mini fridges. If a fridge isn't extremely important, Pedro's Hotel is within a 5-10 minute walking distance to town, and offers two beds, A/C and a TV. No fridge or beachfront, but very good value.

A word of advice, your son being 19 will be allowed to frequent the night clubs and bars, so just make sure to always have a good understanding of where he'll be. If you need someone to babysit him at these clubs, I have a good group of friends who can look after him while he's drinking smile

C
C
We stayed at Ruby's last year and chose them again this year. reasonable, clean, and centrally located. Right around from the airstrip.

the palms is very nice, and next to ramon's - small private pool, very nice staff and ocean-view condos. belizean reef is next to that, and i think they are running a $100/nite special for a clean, ocean-view one bedroom condo (but they have no pool). both places have 2-br condos as well.

i have not stayed at Phoenix, but hear it is very nice and also running specials.

sweetjane is right. Belizean Reef is running a special. Their 1 bedroom condo's have futon type couch and chairs that the maids will make into bed, no problem. Ideal location and easy walk to 'night life'. email Ken and he will work with you. Here is link to special:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/330781/Belizean_Reef_Suites.html#Post330781

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
May I suggest you start your dive training at home? You can do all the class room and pool check-out there; take the test and get a referral for the open water part. Then when you are here you will not have to spend hours and hours and hours in the class room and studying at night. Then all of your time here will be actually diving.
When you decide on a place to stay post it and then I can recommend a dive shop close by.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Gotta second (or third) sweetjane and azbob on the Palms and Belizean Reef, both the units, the latter's price, and the central location. Ramon's excellent beach right next door. You won't believe how nice it is for $100/night. Plus you can see TMM's beautiful fleet of luxury catamarans from your patio. Ramon's has put some structures underwater at the end of their dock to attract fish. It's safe snorkeling and swimming and a veritable aquarium.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
yeah to The Palms, love it there. Sit at Ramons pool and drink their alky, use their beach and snorkel their dock! grin

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all of the reply's and sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I just work a really crazy schedule but my work allows me to take vacations (lol).

I think I am torn between The Palms and Belizean Reef but the cost of the latter with the special is hard to beat except you have to pay more to have access to pools, gym and tennis!! I am also looking on www.VRBO.com and see some pretty OK deals there too.

Yes, we are going to learn to scuba dive before we get there so we don't waste time on vacation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.