Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
2007 05 00 victor turnell.jpg
Victor Turnell
Image Details
Poster Marty Offline
Posted 05/11/09 02:55 PM
Description
Victor Turnell, 81
Born October 20, 1927 in Walcott, Lincolnshire, England. He passed away peacefully at home in Luling on May 8, 2009 after a short illness.

Victor immigrated to British Honduras (Belize) in the early 1950s with his father and mother. They built a successful business over the years that still operates today as Belize Engineering. He leaves behind many dear friends in Belize.

Victor moved to New Orleans full time in 2000. He retired in 2005. He was naturalized a US citizen in January of 2009.

Victor loved his family, fishing and bridge and cowboy movies.

He is survived by
• his wife Yvonne Turnell of Luling.
• Three sons:
o Charles (Denise) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
o Victor (Amelia) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
o Adrian (Clarissa) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
• Two daughters:
o Margaret (Nadar) Djavaherian of St. Louis, MO.,
o Annemarie O’Reilly of St. Louis, MO.,
• Thirteen Grandchildren,
• One nephew, Jon LaVie of Cassville, Georgia,
• Two Cousins, Connie Mumby and Brenda Webster of Lincolnshire, England.

He is preceded in death by his parents Charles and Constance Turnell, and his sister, Louise LaVie.

Memorial Services at (Holy Family Catholic Church?????). Burial will be in Anniston Alabama near his parents.

The family would like to thank the doctors and staff of East Jefferson General Hospital and especially the staff of Hospice Compassus. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Hospice Compassus (www.hospicecompassus.com).

From a friend...

Once it was afer Hattie where folks were picking up stuff from all over the place and patching up damaged walls. My dad went up the road and found a big wooden door and place it against a damaged wall. Turnell came over and demanded the door saying that it was his. Well, needless to say that old Vic was mad for many years but that old door stayed right where it was.
He was known for not throwing away anything and ran a real old style junk yard. May his soul rest in peace.

Dimensions 457x600
Size 35 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#336621 - 05/11/09 02:56 PM Re: Victor Turnell [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
from another friend...

I did business with him in his waning years, as far as business, his employees never had a bad thing to say other than that he “was cheap” but they never left his employ. I can attest to his thrift, the man wasted not. I don’t see that as a bad trait and in fact see it quite the opposite – as a quality admirable today.

#336622 - 05/11/09 02:57 PM Re: Victor Turnell [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
another comment....

I don't remember Mr. Turnell himself personally but I do remember that he had bred a few drop dead supermodel gorgeous children -- both male and female. I was most acquainted with Margaret and Victor.

My condolences to the family and may his soul rest in peace.

#338036 - 05/20/09 03:55 AM Re: Victor Turnell [Re: Marty]
jon17 Offline
Have a picture of my Uncle Victor to post. How do I do that?

#338708 - 05/24/09 12:21 PM Re: Victor Turnell [Re: jon17]
Chachacoconut Offline
Ask Marty....

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.