Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all Ambergris Caye lovers!
We will be visiting in a few months and our flight lands at 1230pm at BZE. I looked at the Caye Caulker water taxi times and it looks like they have a boat out to San Pedro at 130pm. Would that give us enough time to clear customs and get to the boat dock (an hour) or should we look for a later time or is there another water taxi service we can use? Also, can we are staying at Belize Legacy Beach Resort. Can we golf cart our way to and from San Pedro from the resort or is only boat rides to and from San Pedro to Belize Legacy? Final Question(for now smile ): will we be able to get beer easily delivered to the resort or should we pick up our case to start at the bottling plant? Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Karen

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
M
M
If the plane arrives on time, and you're the first one off and through customs/immigration, and your bags are the first ones to get into the terminal, then it's possible, barely, but I doubt it.

The trip from the airport to the water taxi terminal is 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic. There are a couple more water taxi departures later in the day.

There is another water taxi company, but their schedule also has a 1:30 & 3:00 departure (same as Caye Caulker water taxi).
http://www.sanpedrowatertaxi.com/index.html

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the help! We are budget minded and like to see the water, so we were hoping to opt out of the air route. But, we may end up doing that just to save time. Any thoughts about getting beverages/food supplies to and from Belize Legacy Beach Resort? Golf cart or water taxi?

F
F
Look into taking a cab to the municipal airport and flying to San Pedro. We have done that a few times. The airfare is about half the price and the cab ride is around $30US. We usually find another couple to share a cab with.

You will not be able to golf cart to Belize Legacy Resort. You can have Simon from Lagniappe provisioning deliver food and beer to your resort. Just look under restaurants on the main page. I think water taxi is your best bet. Try Roberto at Castle cars. He has taxi service at only $5 a head one way if you have 4 or more people and he will pick you up and take you back at times that suit you.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, if I had not emailed the "good people" at Belize Legacy who knows when we would have found out that we would have no place to stay as they are not open when we are there. Supposedly they are going to be closed for "remodeling". Now, I wasn't born yesterday, but the place looks brand spanking new. I think it may be two years old. I am posting another message as well about this. Anyone want to divulge what is happening there?? Please share!
Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.