Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Why did you choose Brahma Blue - one bedroom - if you need two? Do you know it is not on the main island?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
This is a major problem with people who buy time shares and then try to go thru interval,if you have been lucky in the past god bless you .I do not want to debate the time share thing or the merits or the poor investment . any body in the know ,knows the real deal .But i would if i was you !!! stay in town if you can find a place like sunbreeze suites go for it....there is so much to do here and if weather is good you will love it here .i think moose made a good point in the other post .enjoy your stay ..

Last edited by captjeff; 05/12/09 01:31 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Originally Posted by kdskis2
Ok. First of all, noone from Belize Legacy informed us that they were closing. I happened upon the info by emailing the resort to ask a question about renting golf carts. Secondly, we chose that resort because of the amenities. Now we are at Brahma Blue in a 1br as opposed to the 2 br we had at BLBR. This is thru Interval International. This is the first time that this has ever happened to us. We are very disappointed. I am posting a message about resorts now to get feedback on the others that are there. Thank you for all the responses thus far. We know Belize is beautiful!

Please clarify then. This occurred after you had made a reservation and paid Belize Legacy? Did you deal with them directly, pay them and only coincidentally find out about this? Something doesn't add up.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
It's a time share arrangement, pipl. They've paid a fixed discounted price in advance for a week wherever the time share joint has properties to choose from at the time they want to travel. The first choice of properties claims lodging won't be available so they have to choose another of the member properties on AC.

Originally Posted by ckocian
It's a time share arrangement, pipl. They've paid a fixed discounted price in advance for a week wherever the time share joint has properties to choose from at the time they want to travel. The first choice of properties claims lodging won't be available so they have to choose another of the member properties on AC.

How would you know this was kdskis2 situation?

Let him/her answer, OK?

When I stayed there I booked directly with Belize Legacy, and have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=5

First re-read the quote you inserted in your post. Then check out the link above.

Again, how do you know if that pertains to the thread author's situation? Who are you?

It appears that the thread author's complaints against Belize Legacy are completely unfair and their "scheduling" problem the fault of some other entity, like the timeshare management? Is that who you represent? If so, don't you think the slam against Belize Legacy is unfounded and should be rescinded?

Slam?

Nope, don't represent anyone. Just a seasoned traveler who has been going to Belize for the last 15 years but I don't go to AC any more. Too depressing.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a timeshare that we own in Breckenridge, CO. Grand Timber Lodge. We opt to ski every even year and vacation for our anniversary the odd years. So far, we have been to St. Thomas USVI, St. Martin, The Ozarks, and Antigua. We have always gotten the resort we have requested. Have had no trouble at all. We reserved thru II(Interval International) for Belize back in Nov. and were booked for BLBR (Belize Legacy). I sent an email to BLBR to ask a question about the resort and our dates of travel. I was sent an email back that that they would be closed those days. I called Interval International liason at GTL and told them of the occurence. They put us in a 1br at Brahma (no 2br's are available as of right now). We are on a priority list to get a 2br and hopefully will as this is the low season. We would not be so concerned because we are adventurous people who like to explore, but we have another couple who is going with us who have air to Belize and who do not want to sleep on a sleeper sofa in a 1br condo and are not as into scuba diving, exploring as we. To finalize this and say, I have been happy with our timeshare and II thus far. It is unfortunate that this has happened and if it were the two of us, we would not care as much as we spend little time in our condos. The only concern I have is for our friends and the easy access to other places on the island. If Brahma has a water taxi (complimentary) to SP and we can rent a cart in town, then no worries for us. Thanks for all of the replies so far to all my posts!
Karen

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
S
S
Skippy: Fix the problem or fix the blame?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.