Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
H
Skippy, most of us don't know you personally so that makes you a "total stranger". Newbies on the board deserve the same respect you seem to expect for yourself. Reaper has done a lot for the island, which of course you are unaware of because you are actually the NEW guy. Calm down, everyone knows the score, and we don't need someone bringing attention to a thread that really needs to die.

P.S. Your veiled threats of litigation are ludicrous at best. (read the whole thread first)

Wow, Skippy, you're barking up the wrong tree here. Hard to find someone who has done more for the island than Reaper.

kdskis2 - is your CO vacation unit a 1 or 2 bedroom unit? I have often been confirmed in a 2 bedroom unit through II exchange even though I'm entitled to a 1 bedroom only. I would think that II has to ensure you get a 2 bedroom to replace the 2 bedroom that cancelled due to closure.

Ask II to arrange for 2 one bedroom units at Brahma.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
N
N
II has still not re-booked us into any resort. We donot want to stay at Brahma Blue because it is too far away from anything and it is not on A.C. We are either put on hold or calls are not returned. Brenda, at Legacy, has really tried to help us with our problems with II and even contacted them for us. A dream 17th anniversary trip down the drain....really upsetting that after 10 years II does not seem to care about their timeshare owners...We are documenting everything for our next step if we donot get some kind of resolution to this problem...Anyone have any contacts at II that can help us!!! Niklauryn

Originally Posted by Niklauryn
We donot want to stay at Brahma Blue because it is too far away from anything and it is not on A.C.

Umm - Legacy is a 20min boat ride (10mi) from town and Brahma is 1min - visible from almost anywhere in town - and most certainly a part of Ambergris Caye. If proximity to town is what you want - Legacy should never have been a choice at all.

Mind you, Brahma is on the west side of the lagoon and has its own charm and unique and wonderful scenery and it doesn't overlook the reef. You'd be hard pressed to beat the sunset view from Brahma as it is probably the only place on AC that is oriented to the West. I assure you though - it it A LOT closer to town than Legacy.

Last edited by Caye Connect; 06/01/09 09:43 PM.
G
G
CConnect

Thanks for clearing that up, I was thinking exactly that.

skippy,
I never criticized you on this thread. You are the one leaping to conclusions about everyone's situations and accusing folks of just signing on to complain about Belize Legacy.
Here's a little history lesson for you. I met Rod and Kevin six years ago. Since then they have helped me out tremendously with the "Boogie in Belize" skydive events. In 2006 they provided the 127 folks in my group with a sunset booze cruise. In February we had meetings with Rod and Kevin regarding an air charter service to bring down folks from around the US non stop to their resort. I have taken many folks to look at their resort that are interested in purchasing a condo. I discuss long term tourism ideas with both of them every chance we get, as we all benefit from a healthy tourism product nationwide in Belize. I think they have a top notch product and have watched it grow from the first clearing of the land.
Anytime you would like to discuss Belize tourism with me give me a call.

Originally Posted by Niklauryn
A dream 17th anniversary trip down the drain.... Niklauryn

while i feel for your plight, that's a pretty melodramatic statement.

i have gotten great deals on very nice places in off season. it probably isnt what you want to do or hear, but if i were you and wanted a nice anniversary, i'd skip all the bullshit, drop the timeshare idea this time around, and book a few rooms at off season specials, or rent a beautiful private beachhouse that sleeps many people. if you want something to work out bad enough, you have to make it happen.

if II is bugging you or not working with you, and you really want a nice anniversary, just blow them off and do it yourself.

like harriette said, its belize, and you have to roll with it. many times the lemonade turns out to be better than the lemons.

C
C
well said sweetjane

Live Laugh Love
If Interval International isn't accommodating you - you have every right to ask for your week deposit to be re-instated, to be used at a later time. They should also extend the deposit date to this month, not when you first deposited/confirmed last year (this effects when your deposit expires).

It's obvious that the Resort and II were not communicating, so II confirmed your reservation during the resorts closure period. I wonder when Belize Legacy determined their closure dates for 2009. Perhaps after you received your confirmation last year? They probably should share the blame. But that's really not solving your issue, as other have mentioned.

As sweetjane suggests, take advantage of some great properties on Ambergris Caye and surrounding areas, they would love your business and offer great discounts during slow season.

Embrace the challenge and find yourself another great place!

Good luck.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.