Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
We were scheduled to stay there 9/5-12 (sept) this Fall and found out today via email from the resort after sending them a message about transport that they will be closed for "remodeling" starting in August. This resort is NEW. Maybe two, three years old? Pictures look wonderful. What is the "real" skinny on this place? Does anyone know? Would I have known if I had not emailed? This question remains unanswered. Thankfully we have somewhere else to stay but it is not the same size and are looking and needing a two bedroom unit. Does anyone know anything about this situation with BLBR and also can you guys comment on Brahma Resort? Thanks...I am in a quandry and a bit of a "mood" over these recent transpirings. Appreciate any info at all!

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
S
S
It's not uncommon for resorts to close down in Aug/Sep/Oct to take care of maintenance issues that would seriously interrupt their guests enjoyment of their vacation.

Sent you a PM, check your messages.

Sorry about the way you 'found out' but they probably would have made some other arrangements for you and then notified you. As Simon said this is not unusual. Too bad they used the word 'remodeling' as I'm sure it is general maintenance. Had you placed a deposit on your reservation? Did you ask them for a recommendation? That is the lowest of the low season and there are plenty of places available and right now at very good prices.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
It is becoming a trend in Belize for restaurants and resorts to close for 4-6 weeks around Sept-Oct for repairs, maintenance and staff holidays. Especially in September it makes sense - there are two national holidays that month and so many staffers want to celebrate them with family.
Additionally, September is the peak of hurricane activity in the Western Caribbean and although Belize dose not get hit with these monsters particularly often, the weather is fickle then.
Legacy is quite new, beach is gorgeous, food gets good reviews and customer satisfaction is high.
Unfortunate if the communications were not smooth, but having more than 90 days notice should allow you to make other plans without too much trouble. Maybe even reschedule your trip until November so that you can enjoy the island when services, activities and weather are at their holiday best?

There are lots of 2 bedroom places that will be available in Sept., and will have good deals. I would check The Palms, Banana Beach, Banyan Bay, Grand Colony, Miramar, Pelican reef. Bramah Blue is OK but units have kind of a weird layout with smallish rooms (except the penthouse) and it's a boat ride away from town. Decent restaurant on site.
I would guess more places than usual will be closing down for the Sept/Oct months this year due to the stalled tourism biz and the extra low, low season

We just left the Belize Legacy, we were there for a week. The beach front rooms are done but, there are new single family units in the back that are almost done, they look like town homes, anyway they say they are putting a pool in the center area of the town homes and as close as they are to the rest of the rooms, I doubt listening to a tractor dig a pool out, a truck lay pavement and haulers moving around debris would be enjoyable to be around on vacation.

There you go ..You might want to rethink your plans..sept is wide open hotel wise ,great deals in proven well know, well run places .why gambel on your vacation ..some times the juice is not worth the squeeze .I personaly could never vacation at a resort under construction .why would anybody do that???the island is a great place to vist pick out something else and live the dream ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Belize Legacy has been up and running for 2-3 years, Jeff. It's a very classy and beautiful place. The staff is unbelieveable, your every whim is addressed. They pamper you. Definitely an upscale resort without the upscale pricing. Telling a customer this far in advance about a construction situation in their new addition and thus losing the revenue thereby is another classy thing.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Yes it is ,I heard it is nice, but there are lots of nice resorts here ..But my point is why in gods name would anyone comming to this wonderful island want to be around any construction ,anytype .small or large ,a vacation should be special ..with no outside nose or interruptions .. with nothing to do but have fun and live the dream ..Just my humble opinion .

Last edited by captjeff; 05/12/09 11:26 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok. First of all, noone from Belize Legacy informed us that they were closing. I happened upon the info by emailing the resort to ask a question about renting golf carts. Secondly, we chose that resort because of the amenities. Now we are at Brahma Blue in a 1br as opposed to the 2 br we had at BLBR. This is thru Interval International. This is the first time that this has ever happened to us. We are very disappointed. I am posting a message about resorts now to get feedback on the others that are there. Thank you for all the responses thus far. We know Belize is beautiful!

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.