Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
What a circus of amusement to read all of this! Yes, it is SO funny to have 20 pages of this, all stemming from a simple question.

JFM420: when I was 23, I worked and saved everything all summer, bought a plane ticket taking me around the world, with areas to cover myself on land, with about $500 in my pocket. My life would not be the same AT ALL had I not done this - my eyes were opened to all the diversity and beauty of the differences and similarities of those leading very different lives, as opposed to "wasteful Westerners" (not all you of you of course!) in this world. DO IT!! I traveled through

I really don't want to get into cutting others down, but WOW, "Bing" sure seems like a jealous loser who has nothing better to do than write negative posts. One who hides behind a dead celebrity's name and even lists "crooner" as his profession is telling. People who go ON and ON and ON with cutting others down are only trying to subdue their own unhhappiness. Normally, I feel bad for those like this, (we all have bad times), but again, WOW, "Bing" is beyond help in the happy dept.

I've been to SP only twice, but have not met anyone who didn't seem happy and appreciative of the life they lead on the island or their chosen vacation destination. Why all the hate from a few of you? Because you are sitting at your keyboard unhappy with life!!!

My last comment will only be about the 420 - and we all know what we are talking about - remember prohibition in the 30's? Well, no one is cutting down all the alcohol consumption on the island. OK - someone comes up with a screen name with 420 - "Bing", we could be all over you for your name which you hide under. Don't bother to send a nasty retort - you will only look like more of a hater.

To all those young enough not to have ties, do it NOW - with the right attitude, almost anything is possible! I wish you all the luck in the world JamFlowMan!!!! Your life will be richer, even if it doesn't pan out! You should really visit first though...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Why is this funny that one question has evolved into so many different things? This happens ALL THE TIME on this board... why do you think we're all still here? grin

I so agree - but on this particular issue, is it necessary for have certain people be SO negative? It is interesting to hear different points of view, but not all the self-imposed hate directed to others who may be "dreamers" in some eyes. Hey, what would this world be like without people who dream? Look at what the Tacos did, and still are doing all they can, for the island! Three cheers for them!! TQ, luckily YOU don't appear to be one of those, as I know from previous posts!! smile

I think a small part of it is jealousy but a lot of it is "locals" getting tired of people who do just exactly what jam420 is planning to do and they "fail" or just get bored and go home. Some of them borrow money or depend on others to get them along for as longs as they can. Some folks that live on the island are sick of seeing it so they pretty much discourage anyone who isn't financially equipped to not try it at all. Everyone is different and I think for this particular subject there is no advice that is suitable for every person wanting to make the move. I'm not jealous, I don't want to move to SP.

Jam420 is lucky that he can float along for a while before making the descision.

tommy: firstly, your edumacation did not preclude your misspelling of common english words such as 'punctuation'. secondly, i doubt any 17 year old boy should be hanging out with men and women in their 20s on a regular social basis. thirdly, unless you are composing business correspondence or formal social correspondence, acronyms, lower case letters and the rest of the crap you see on a message board, in e-mails and in chat rooms is the norm.

jamflow, most of the negative comments concerning your proposed move are coming from people who don't live in san pedro, and never have, not that it matters much either way. but the sour grapes mentality is prevalent. just disregard it and do as you see fit as long as you are a good citizen and productive member of society either through volunteerism or legal commerce.

TQ - I wasn't implying YOU are jealous - my problem is with all the hypocrisy from those who moved from other countries, just like JFM, (or want to but can't for some reason). I agree, everyone is different. There are quite a few who move out of the country with little money but valid hopes, who DO make it. Even if it doesn't work out, at least the person came out with an experience in which they learned something - the point of life! I'm with you TQ!!!

Good one iluvbelize - he can't even spell! He should get with the times and realize how people compose their written thoughts on boards such as this nowadays. Why point this out to JFM? More negativity that doesn't even relate to the original subject! I'd be interested to see some of his son's writings! Who wants to take bets on how many pages this BS will go on? At least 30 pages is my guess...

want to the first post on page 20........

YEA I did it! smile

Last edited by carbunkletrumpet; 05/21/09 10:42 AM. Reason: had to say YEA!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
susie, sorry, I wasn't talking TO you, just in general.... to anyone reading. smile

Oh hell ya, you win carbunkle!!! smile

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.