Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Thought this was a cool option...

HOW TO: Publish Your Blog on the Amazon Kindle

There are some interesting things you can do with a Kindle. One of them is the ability to subscribe to and read your favorite blogs on the go.

http://mashable.com/2009/05/13/blogs-amazon-kindle/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

I tried this just now got as far as uploading a screen shot of the page, i couldn't figure out how to save a banner shot and screen shot to up load, i'm a ciber dummy and so many terms are Greek to me.
do you know how to save a screen shot or banner from the blog below?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
if you want the entire screen you can hit the "print screen" button - then go to photoshop (or whatever graphics program you use) and open a new canvas and then hit "paste" and in theory your screen will be there. Then you can chop and crop and manipulate the graphics that you want to work with.

OP Offline
Kindle still a wish list item here ha ha - Luckily Amanda to the rescue for advice on that

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

I had kindles once, but it cleared up.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
i love my kindle. so much i bought my wife one. hundreds of books in a very thin paperback sized container. all those books weigh next to nothing. no sun glare. make type bigger or smaller with a button push for those older and tired eyes.

my optometrist works with kids with less than fully functional vision and they are a godsend for those kids.

they need to make them color, and have zoomable maps and pics. those are my only complaints. and that they are kinda spendy i think.

you should put your blogs on it tacogirl & elbert and others. any dough is better than none, and people will certainly be doing this.

i now send all things i need to read on the computer that take more than 15 seconds of reading to the kindle and read it there (they have wireless). i used to print long stuff out and read it later. no pile of paper anymore for that stuff.

extremely handy device

L
L
Thanks for the info guys, I just recieved a Kindle for Mother's Day. It is amazing. I keep thinking how much easier it will be to have books available in Belize. No more suitcases full of heavy books or having to ship. Now I have to buy one for Thurston!

R.B. Mernitz
I have a Sony E Reader, a similar, but not quite as adaptable device, and its been wonderful on Belize trips: not having to carry several books each trip, especially large print ones, which tend to be bigger dimensionally also, speaks for itself, and a bonus feature to me is that I always have several classics and a few non fiction works for time in between current novels.

Recent Belize reads include The Forgotten Man, Moby Dick, Treasure Island and Up From Slavery, as well as Baldacci, Bell, Flynn and DeMille.

For your kids or grandkids, to encourage them to read would be amongst the greatest gifts you could give.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
P
I've used a Palm III-equivalent for years for reading books. It currently has over 100 full-length books on it and I have masses of storage for more. For intensive reading I get around a week between charges - I don't know how well the Kindle does. It's genuinely pocket-sized, though of course that means the page format is smaller than a Kindle. When this dies I may consider a Kindle, but this does for the time being.

Kindles users, now that the Kindle DX is coming out, bigger with 9.7 inch screen, would you opt for the new bigger one or are you happy with the screen size on the original? I'm going to get one of them. I'm packing 3 books on every trip and that's getting tiresome. Plus all the books I read are available for Kindle, so...The original is $369 now, the DX is $489 in pre-order. Which one should I buy?

edited to also ask: how's the web browser?

Last edited by skippy; 05/15/09 09:34 PM. Reason: it's a secret

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.