Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#337771 - 05/18/09 06:19 PM Stimulus Scam
azbob Offline
I'm posting here because many may miss it if I post in "US Chat":

This has to be the first of many, many scams being generated becase of the trillions of dollars available. I received this email 15 minutes ago:

This is a message from the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) with regards to the Global Stimulus Package passed into law January 2009 by the International Monetary Funds (IMF) for the payment of allocated funds to several individuals around the Globe to jumpstart the Global Economy and rescue the World from the greatest financial crisis since the Second World War. Following the stimulus package 200,000 Registered Corporate Bodies and 2,000,000.00 Individuals around the world shall receive US$650,000.00 each annually.

With the random picking of different Corporate and Individual email addresses and telephone numbers around the world, you were named among the lucky recipients of this year's Stimulus Package. As a result, you were awarded since January 13, 2009 to receive payment of US$650,000.00 from the ECOWAS payment account as Donated by the World Bank and the IMF. This office had awaited your contact since to come and claim your ATM cash card worth $650,000.00 since it will be easier for you to cash your money with the ATM card, but didn't hear from you since that time. Your ATM card and relative document have been deposited with the DHL courier service in West Africa since January awaiting your contact to dispatch to your address.

I have traveled to Europe for a Course and will not be back till November 2009, as a result cannot read my emails regularly. However, we have received a reminder by the DHL courier service in charge of delivering your package containing your ATM card. The reminder had stated that you have not yet contacted the DHL office in West Africa Holding your package to claim your package. Kindly contact them as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you because the longer they hold your package, the higher the security fee on your package. Note, you are required to pay for the Demurrage on the security of the parcel because it has been in there office for over 4-5 months now.

The fee required of you by the DHL Courier Service in West Africa to deliver your package is ($90.00 USD) been security charge of the Courier Company so far. The fee which is the only fee required would have been paid by this office but was rejected by the Courier Company as they weren't certain of when you'll be contacting them and in the case of demurrage. You have to contact the DHL Courier Service now for the delivery of your package. Contact officer stated below;

Name of Officer Incharge: Dr. Alfred Bayo
Email: shippingsdhl1@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +234-803-839-0386 or 009-234-803-839-0386.

Finally, Do endeavor to confirm your Postal address; Direct telephone number to the DHL officer and ask them to give you the tracking number to enable you track your package online to know when it will get to your address. Once again: try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid any further delay and remember to pay them their security charge of $90.00 US Dollars for their immediate action.

Best Regards,
ECOWAS Head office coordinator
The Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS)

I'm tempted to send them $90 to get my $650,000. I can then retire and move to Belize. Sure!
smile

#337777 - 05/18/09 06:29 PM Re: Stimulus Scam [Re: azbob]
Peter Jones Offline
These west African scams have been going around for years. Sometimes it's difficult to spot exactly how you'll lose, but rest assured these guys have pored of this for hours to make it as convincing as possible. Just remember the overriding mantra - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

#337792 - 05/18/09 07:25 PM Re: Stimulus Scam [Re: azbob]
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
Brother Bob! send me the $90. I will make sure I get it to the right people... Honest I will smile.
And you can be sure, I'll forward on to you any monies realized by my efforts.

#337881 - 05/19/09 03:34 AM Re: Stimulus Scam [Re: Bill Mc Ghee]
azbob Offline
Brother Bill, I trust you so the 90 will coming soon! grin

#337982 - 05/19/09 09:12 PM Re: Stimulus Scam [Re: azbob]
captjeff Offline
There is a saying you can not fix stupid . only a nut belives this crap he or she is just plan stupid or both ..I would love to see the person who buys into this ???... CAN I SELL YOU THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE ..NEXT..

Edited by captjeff (05/19/09 09:16 PM)
Edit Reason: spell ing

#337987 - 05/19/09 09:18 PM Re: Stimulus Scam [Re: captjeff]
pugwash Offline
And yet people will believe in promises of more of everything with no cause or effect on their freedoms or their futures without ever asking for their votes back?

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, IGAmel), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,075 Topics
462,351 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.