Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#337877 - 05/18/09 09:31 PM Private Charter for the day!
kdskis2 Offline
We (the four of us coming in Sept) are interested in chartering a boat (with capt/crew) for a day with lunch and drinks provided for snorkeling, fishing, touring along AC. What is the going price for that? Would it be less because of the time of year? We have typically paid $600-700 in other Caribbean destinations. And any charter info appreciated!
Life is what happens when you are making other plans!

#337880 - 05/18/09 10:34 PM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: kdskis2]
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#337899 - 05/19/09 09:17 AM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: tacogirl]
kdskis2 Offline
Looks like there are only four guest with crew on Chunkyruth's cruise. That would be perfect! Thanks, TC!

#337908 - 05/19/09 10:23 AM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: kdskis2]
Marty Offline
el gato is awesome. highly recommended....

#337936 - 05/19/09 12:35 PM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: Marty]
Phil Offline
Thirded. Certainly one of the most popular Tour Operators at our Vacation Rental, and it will be within your budget range.

#337998 - 05/19/09 05:21 PM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: Phil]
kdskis2 Offline
As long as they don't have a bunch of people on board (if we can do just us four, more better) then I am happy to use them. Can anyone answer this one?? Thanks!

#337999 - 05/19/09 05:28 PM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: kdskis2]
SimonB Offline
You'll have to contact them directly and arrange a private charter elgatotours@yahoo.com

There's also "No Rush" and they do private family tours unity_tours@yahoo.com http://ambergriscaye.com/unitytours/

It's best to contact both directly, Unity notes on their website that charters are negotiable. Which probably means you can do a deal especially in low season.

Edited by SimonB (05/19/09 05:30 PM)
Edit Reason: added info

#338018 - 05/19/09 08:53 PM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: SimonB]
chunkyruth Offline
I'm sure Geraldo of El Gato will be happy to sail with just the four of you.

My suggestion is that you give Geraldo a call when you arrive. Here is the link to his website which gives phone numbers and prices.

If it were me, I would go for the cookout at $80US per person. We've done it several times and have never been disappointed. You never leave the boat (except for snorkling of course)...he has a grill right on board.

If you want a chuckle...tell him that Chunky and Ruth sent you!

#338078 - 05/20/09 11:18 AM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: chunkyruth]
Phil Offline
I meant the Private Charter will be within your price range which will be just your group. Open boat rates are as posted above and are less obviously but then others can book on the same trip.

#340522 - 06/07/09 11:43 AM Re: Private Charter for the day! [Re: chunkyruth]
kdskis2 Offline
Hi CR, with the cookout...does it include stops at Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan or Mexico Rocks?? Just curious since you have done this several times. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.